This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction if GF gets rid of IV's and Natures

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Your reaction if GF gets rid of IV's and Natures

User Info: SolarTailsBeam

SolarTailsBeam
4 years ago#11
Mugiloko posted...
I really don't like IV's but Natures are fun! My Sassy Gayrados is fabulous with its high sp def :)

My Adamant Jolteon is better

Jolteon is a poo-poo head. My Gayrados is so much better.

User Info: ColtCababa

ColtCababa
4 years ago#12
Mugiloko posted...
I really don't like IV's but Natures are fun! My Sassy Gayrados is fabulous with its high sp def :)

Please, I got me a Hasty Steelix.
Official Shadow Crawdaunt of the Pokemon X/Y Boards and Team Miror Infinity
"Just because I want absolute power, I'm the bad guy!"

User Info: PsyShadowBeam

PsyShadowBeam
4 years ago#13
ColtCababa posted...
Mugiloko posted...

Well that's stupid. Steelix's speed is atrocious and it's not even good competitively.

ColtCababa
4 years ago#14
PsyShadowBeam posted...
ColtCababa posted...
Mugiloko posted...

Well that's stupid. Steelix's speed is atrocious and it's not even good competitively.

You're not getting behind our jokes, are you? And I feel sorry that you're too engrossed in the land of OU, where everyone ponders around weather and Scizor, to care one bit about any of the lower tiers. I can't even. Good day sir.

User Info: _KGC_

_KGC_
4 years ago#15
So basically IVs are gone plus you get an additional nature and the EV system from RBY/GSC?
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra

User Info: PsyShadowBeam

PsyShadowBeam
4 years ago#16
ColtCababa posted...
PsyShadowBeam posted...
ColtCababa posted...
Mugiloko posted...

You're not getting behind our jokes, are you? And I feel sorry that you're too engrossed in the land of OU, where everyone ponders around weather and Scizor, to care one bit about any of the lower tiers. I can't even. Good day sir.

That's where the REAL players play, which you are obviously not.

ColtCababa
4 years ago#17
Ahahaha, the REAL players. You must be one of those "hardcore" gamers that play CoD and say that Kirby is for little kids.

User Info: ClassyOldHat

ClassyOldHat
4 years ago#18
_Unowninator_ posted...
But then what would happen to Hidden Power?

Believe it or not, It's actually possible to have a move be randomized without a fun-killing mechanic. Pokemon Rumble, and Mystery Dungeon don't have IVs, and Still have a very usable hidden power.

FryDays5000 posted...
The type would be randomized and the base power will always be 70. To bad for those with Technician though :(

Yeah... All two of the Technician users with a Sp. Atk stat higher than sixty will lose 20 points on a single move... Seriously though, Mr. Mime and Roserade have no technician-compatible moves of note that are worth the loss of their much better alternative abilities.

On Topic:

Removal of IVs: YES! Gone are hours of tedious, boring, skill-devoid, luck-based grinding for EVERY Pokemon on your party (assuming you don't "settle" for having an IV of 31 (or 0) only in speed).

Removal of natures: ...Why? A mechanic that, as of BW2 is almost completely luck free, and, unlike IVs, provides ACTUAL diversity, as opposed to binary superiority/inferiority, and unlike IVs, is a difference that can actually be noticed by a casual player without having it pointed out to them? Why would you remove that?

ColtCababa
4 years ago#19
ClassyOldHat posted...

On Topic:

Removal of IVs: YES! Gone are hours of tedious, boring, skill-devoid, luck-based grinding for EVERY Pokemon on your party (assuming you don't "settle" for having an IV of 31 (or 0) only in speed).

Removal of natures: ...Why? A mechanic that, as of BW2 is almost completely luck free, and, unlike IVs, provides ACTUAL diversity, as opposed to binary superiority/inferiority, and unlike IVs, is a difference that can actually be noticed by a casual player without having it pointed out to them? Why would you remove that?

Agree 100%.

User Info: SolarTailsBeam

SolarTailsBeam
4 years ago#20
ColtCababa posted...
ClassyOldHat posted...

On Topic:

Agree 100%.

I do too.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Your reaction if GF gets rid of IV's and Natures

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived