This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

at what point did you learn about EVs and IVs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. at what point did you learn about EVs and IVs?

User Info: ThatKipp

ThatKipp
3 years ago#31
I forgot when I learned about it. Probably around the end of 4th gen or beginning of 5th.
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725

User Info: nittt

nittt
3 years ago#32
Fourth gen through my friends when they were using pokesav. Eventually I started to learn how to do it legitimately without cheats during pearl with aid from serebii.net. Great website btw. First EV trained pokemon was Dragonite. I started to give a crap about IVs around late gen IV.
Recently Finished Game: Ni No Kuni (PS3), The Last Story (Wii)
Current Game: Pandora's Tower (soon) (Wii), TBA (PS3), MH3U (WiiU)

User Info: DarkDemon373

DarkDemon373
3 years ago#33
4th gen is when I started.
PKMN BLK2: 0175-9152-2318

User Info: RedShadowww

RedShadowww
3 years ago#34
About 2 months ago.

User Info: ODomm

ODomm
3 years ago#35
I'm in pretty much the same boat as TC. Haven't played for 6 years when Diamond first came out. I had always known about EVs and IVs pretty early on, but because I had no way of seeing them, I didn't pay much attention. Now I'm replaying all the games and actually focusing on bringing out the real power of my Pokemon..... Can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing, considering I had always liked Pokemon for how easy and laid back it was. Now if I notice that a Pokemon is weak, I try to adjust its stats to help it to the point of tedium.
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have~~

User Info: AuroraSonicBeam

AuroraSonicBeam
3 years ago#36
wahaha911 posted...
when i got 3rd gen
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181

User Info: wind64a

wind64a
3 years ago#37
Late 4th gen, actually began seriously breeding during 5th.
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. at what point did you learn about EVs and IVs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived