This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you usually go for a full team of 6?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you usually go for a full team of 6?

User Info: Gray_Areas

Gray_Areas
4 years ago#11
Usually at least six main member of a team with some HM slaves I pull out as needed. On my current run through of Black 2, I have Mienfoo (so close to evolving!), Emboar, Simple Swoobat, Huge Power Azumarill, DW Pupitar, Zoroark, Lampent, Galvantula, and Boldore. I also have a Beartic I traded from my White version for Surf, Strength, Cut, and Dive and a Pidove for Fly (Azumarill will have Waterfall when I get it). Makes thing fun when I train them all up and decide which ones to use at the Gym. I also limit myself to the same number of Pokemon that the Gym Leader uses too.
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480

User Info: vchu8

vchu8
4 years ago#12
I always go for a team of 6, because there's too many Pokemon I want to use. I usually have a flying Pokemon, my starter (occasionally I'll go sans starter though), and then a few others I'm interested in using. I don't like using HM slaves on my team, so HM moves are either spread around my team, or I keep a couple of slaves in the PC till they're needed.

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
4 years ago#13
Yes, unless I'm fighting a gym leader. In which to add fairness that the game clearly doesn't care about, I only have a team the size of the gym leader's.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: Mudkip43

Mudkip43
4 years ago#14
Yeah always.
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC

User Info: gzr9k

gzr9k
4 years ago#15
I use 12, so i'm underleveled.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice - Bill Cosby

User Info: soMEguy_povo

soMEguy_povo
4 years ago#16
I use 5, personally. Useful HMs (like Surf and... err... Surf) go on my battlers, and I rarely need the incidental ones (Strength, Fly, Cut) enough to justify a full time HM slave. The open slot allows for faster egg pick-up and so I don't have to bench any of my main team for even a single second for "scripted" or freebie Pokemon (eg: Eevee in G/S/C, Reshiram/Zekrom in B/W)
Another day successfully wasted.
"I need a new quote for this signature." - Me

User Info: Blazekicker27

Blazekicker27
4 years ago#17
Yup.
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png

User Info: TherianReturns

TherianReturns
4 years ago#18
6. I am thinking on doing something different for X and Y and a team of 12 for each game. That way I use and experiment 24 different pokemon lines for the 6h generation, and just thinking about; my evolution as a true Pokemon fan, makes me giddy.I will honestly lean toward it if A you get a lucky egg, B Audinos again or C return of VS seeker
I shook hands with the new Pope. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.

User Info: Earth_Echidna

Earth_Echidna
4 years ago#19
I now always go for a full team of six favourite, yet strong, Pokemon. If I need an HM slave, yes, it sits in the PC until I need it.
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 1335 1407 6427
When Life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand cookies instead! -Official Sandslash of the PMD3 boards

User Info: Kitschgardener

Kitschgardener
4 years ago#20
6 for the first playthrough - 2 or 3 (not including HM slaves) in replays.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you usually go for a full team of 6?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived