This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theories on the legendary trio?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Theories on the legendary trio?

User Info: Chandler014

Chandler014
4 years ago#21
I Think Light, Darkness, And Nothingness.
Official Co-Leader and Supreme General of Team Miror Infinity.
Shadow Pokemon: Tyranitar.

User Info: Enferolunos

Enferolunos
4 years ago#22
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
legendary is on the ground, implying no elevation, i.e. x axis. Y legendary is in the air, implying elevation, i.e. y axis. Also as this is the first generation on the 3DS, it makes perfect sense for it to have a dimensional theme.

The ground is 2 dimensions, not just the X axis. Air is 3 dimensions, not just Y. And you really the XY reflects 3D well? If they initially came out with X, Y, and Z, it would be 3D, but right now, X and Y is just 2D.

There will most likely be a Z legendary. They just stuck with the 2-game at a time tradition. And my point is that the Y legendary goes up and down as its primary directions whereas the x legendary primarily travels on ground, left and right. The mascots, ever since gen 3, have had a 3rd legendary to go with them. I think they'll keep that tradition going again. You haven't disproven anything.

So the ground legendary just runs in a line? It can't change direction?
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you

User Info: UltimaZangetsu

UltimaZangetsu
4 years ago#23
Chandler014 posted...

We just had that >.>
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."

User Info: Masenko86

Masenko86
4 years ago#24
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
legendary is on the ground, implying no elevation, i.e. x axis. Y legendary is in the air, implying elevation, i.e. y axis. Also as this is the first generation on the 3DS, it makes perfect sense for it to have a dimensional theme.

The ground is 2 dimensions, not just the X axis. Air is 3 dimensions, not just Y. And you really the XY reflects 3D well? If they initially came out with X, Y, and Z, it would be 3D, but right now, X and Y is just 2D.

There will most likely be a Z legendary. They just stuck with the 2-game at a time tradition. And my point is that the Y legendary goes up and down as its primary directions whereas the x legendary primarily travels on ground, left and right. The mascots, ever since gen 3, have had a 3rd legendary to go with them. I think they'll keep that tradition going again. You haven't disproven anything.

X coordinates are used even in 3D models, genius. As it won't be a flying type though, coordinates will be (ax, 0y, cz) wherever it goes

User Info: Chandler014

Chandler014
4 years ago#25
UltimaZangetsu posted...
Chandler014 posted...

We just had that >.>

I don't recall a trio like that.... Are you talking about the Tao Trio?
Official Co-Leader and Supreme General of Team Miror Infinity.
Shadow Pokemon: Tyranitar.

Enferolunos
4 years ago#26
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...

X coordinates are used even in 3D models, genius. As it won't be a flying type though, coordinates will be (ax, 0y, cz) wherever it goes

Yes, but X is 1 direction
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII

Masenko86
4 years ago#27
Enferolunos posted...

I never argued otherwise. You're reading into it too much. It's over simplified so kids can enjoy it too. For simplicity sake, ground is represented by x axis and sky by y axis. I realize what you're saying, but come on. I have a degree in math and I can see them using this concept. They may not, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Enferolunos
4 years ago#28
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...

I never argued otherwise. You're reading into it too much. It's over simplified so kids can enjoy it too. For simplicity sake, ground is represented by x axis and sky by y axis. I realize what you're saying, but come on. I have a degree in math and I can see them using this concept. They may not, but I wouldn't rule it out.

So what would Z represent?

Masenko86
4 years ago#29
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Z axis.

I'm thinking it will be a sea creature, but only since ground and sky go with the other 2. Once again, you're thinking too hard. Maybe this is why they decided not to do a Z version with the release. How should I know? It's speculation and I'm not Gamefreak. Even if x and y don't represent ground and sky, I still feel the dimensional aspect can't be discarded until proven otherwise.

Enferolunos
4 years ago#30
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Masenko86 posted...
Enferolunos posted...

Z axis.

I'm thinking it will be a sea creature, but only since ground and sky go with the other 2. Once again, you're thinking too hard. Maybe this is why they decided not to do a Z version with the release. How should I know? It's speculation and I'm not Gamefreak. Even if x and y don't represent ground and sky, I still feel the dimensional aspect can't be discarded until proven otherwise.

So, the X-axis is a plane of the ground, the Y-axis is up, and the Z-axis is down?
I'm not sure that's the best coordinate system.
My point is, the notion of Xerneas representing the X-axis doesn't make any sense. Yveltal representing the Y makes marginally more sense. Regardless of technicalities, it's just a silly notion. Is it possible they're trying to evoke the concept of 3D with the names? Yes. But I don't think that's actually what they're going for. Especially considering the twists of DNA in the titles.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Theories on the legendary trio?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived