This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Generation V appreciation topic

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Generation V appreciation topic

User Info: AuroraSonicBeam

AuroraSonicBeam
4 years ago#1
Let's discuss how much Gen V has changed our lives.
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
4 years ago#2
Gen V was the best, but there were some things that I liked better from previous Gens.
Lance was a better champion than Iris or Alder, Silver was a better rival than Cheren, Bianca, and Hugh (that's not saying much), Sinnoh had a more original Elite Four, Hoenn had better music in some places, etc.

But Gen V was all-around awesome! There was no place where it was the worst Gen. I can't say that about any of the others.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.

User Info: EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr
4 years ago#3
It's done quite a few things well. The game has become more streamlined, the cities are more varied, the visuals are good, music is great, good world, Haxorus, etc. It's a bit too linear, but solid effort by Gamefreaks.

User Info: kirbydude385

kirbydude385
4 years ago#4
favorite gen so far, and BW2 are my favorite of the series
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous

AuroraSonicBeam
4 years ago#5
CakeOfLies posted...
Gen V was the best, but there were some things that I liked better from previous Gens.
Lance was a better champion than Iris or Alder, Silver was a better rival than Cheren, Bianca, and Hugh (that's not saying much), Sinnoh had a more original Elite Four, Hoenn had better music in some places, etc.

But Gen V was all-around awesome! There was no place where it was the worst Gen. I can't say that about any of the others.

Gen III was my least favorite, particularly Ruby/Sapphire but I still love those games because Flygon and Manectric and the music.
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB

User Info: Human-Bean

Human-Bean
4 years ago#6
It introduced Skyla and, Volcarona, an awesome generation.

User Info: ryudin89

ryudin89
4 years ago#7
Gen V was pretty great, I loved the increase in battle speed and reworked mechanics, the music was plesent, it had that nice mixture or nature and rural areas, it actually had a story (even if it was lacking in several areas), and it introduced me to my favorite pokemon.

In fact the only thing I don't really like about Gen V was the lack of postgame content and pokemon selection. But even that was fixed in BW2
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr

AuroraSonicBeam
4 years ago#8
I would like to say for the record, BW2 is the second best game in the series imo

User Info: EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr
4 years ago#9
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
I would like to say for the record, BW2 is the second best game in the series imo

It was certainly better than Gen III and Gen IV, I can tell you that.

AuroraSonicBeam
4 years ago#10
EpsteinBarr posted...
AuroraSonicBeam posted...

It was certainly better than Gen III and Gen IV, I can tell you that.

Yes, except HGSS is the best game imo.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Generation V appreciation topic

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived