This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does anyone think we're getting the starter evolutions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why does anyone think we're getting the starter evolutions?

User Info: Enferolunos

Enferolunos
4 years ago#1
Gen V: We didn't (legit) get the starter evolutions until 3 days before the launch of the game
Gen IV: We never got the starter evos
Gen III: Blaziken was revealed before the starters, but as far as I can tell, wasn't stated to be an evo of torchic until after the games came out (Serebii's 2002 archives are not great)
I don't dare search for gen II

So why are people expecting them anytime before October? It's ridiculous.
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you

User Info: OCShoes

OCShoes
4 years ago#2
Enferolunos posted...
It's ridiculous.

Whoa, being hyped for a game != being ridiculous, lol. People are just really excited, chill.
4 / 10 - Poor - game is unremarkable and flawed
The Official Latios of Everything

Enferolunos
4 years ago#3
OCShoes posted...
Enferolunos posted...
It's ridiculous.

Whoa, being hyped for a game != being ridiculous, lol. People are just really excited, chill.

I didn't say being hyped for a game was being ridiculous. I said expecting starter evolutions anytime even remotely soon is ridiculous.
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII

User Info: SlimeStack

SlimeStack
4 years ago#4
How was Blaziken actually revealed? I just remember seeing it through the anime, which IMO is probably the coolest way to reveal something.
Moo

Enferolunos
4 years ago#5
SlimeStack posted...
How was Blaziken actually revealed? I just remember seeing it through the anime, which IMO is probably the coolest way to reveal something.

As far as I can tell, it's first appearance was in the anime, but it was announced to be in the anime beforehand, it wasn't a surprise when it happened.

User Info: SlimeStack

SlimeStack
4 years ago#6
I see. I guess CoroCoro have to sell their magazines and Smash (or early 2000s equivalent) has to sell their news segment to their audience.
Moo

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
4 years ago#7
I keep asking the same question, TC, and have yet to get a satisfactory answer.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why does anyone think we're getting the starter evolutions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived