This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you remember which starter you picked the first time you played each game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you remember which starter you picked the first time you played each game?

User Info: mmc2679

mmc2679
4 years ago#71
1st Gen: Charmander. I almost peed myself when it finally evolved into Charizard. I was in 10th grade. The first Summer I've wasted on Pokemon.

2nd Gen: Cyndaquil. By then I realized that I can use gameshark codes to get any Pokemon I want. So I had all 3 starters. Totodile became my favorite because he had the highest attack skill of all 3. And he's still my favorite water type Pokemon. I am using him in Black 2 right now. :D

3rd Gen: Treecko (I believe so). This was my most hated Pokemon game of all time. Bland Pokemon designs, exclusion of the night and day system...blah blah blah.

4th Gen: Torchic. Again...ActionReplay = all starter Pokemons.

5th Gen: Tepig. Again...ActionReplay = all starter Pokemons.

5th Gen Part II: Snivy. Again...ActionReplay = Charmander and Totodile. :D
PSN ID: Mustq
Wii U ID: Crimson

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
4 years ago#72
In oder I played the games:

Blue: Bulbasaur
Gold: Totodile
Sapphire: Tochic
Fire ed: Charmander
Emeald: Mudkip
Pearl: Tutwig
Crystal: Chicoirta
Heatgold: Chicorita
White: Smugleaf
Black 2: Tepig
Platimum: Piplup (Though I gave it up befoe it evwn got to it's 3d form.
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -

User Info: javel34

javel34
4 years ago#73
Squirlte
Hmm can't remember but I assume chikorita, wasn't cyndaquil.
Treeko
Turtwig
Snivy because duh

If I were to do it all over now with favorites in mind

Bulbasaur
Totodile
Treeko
Piplup
Snivy because duh.

EDIT: for gen 6 all I know is it won't be fennekin, I don't ever use the fire starter unless I'm replaying.
Black 2 FC:0519 5089 8733

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
4 years ago#74
I don't remember for each game, but def for each gen. I played every game in each gen, and multiple times each, so I don't really know which I picked outside of the first game in each gen.

Gen 1: Bulbasaur. I kept telling myself leading up to the release "I'm definitely picking Squirtle!" then when I got it I was like "No, Bulbasaur looks cooler." lol. All my friends and everyone at school picked Charmander. X_X

Gen 2: Chikorita. Though I never pick it now, I loved my Bulbasaur so much I wanted to pick the grass one again. I had grown to really love grass Pokemon.

Gen 3: Mudkip. I didn't like Treecko at the time and my friends all wanted Torchic so I wanted to pick something different, and I thought Mudkip was cute.

Gen 4: Piplup. I was kinda torn because I like grass types and I wanted Turtwig but my friend REALLY wanted Turtwig so I picked Piplup instead (which I liked too).

Gen 5: Tepig. Definitely the cutest! The I picked Oshawott in Black (my first game was White) and then Snivy in White 2. I remember those becuase they were recent... I barely used snivy... boxed her as soon as I got a Timburr, which I used solo for the rest of the game.
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."

User Info: HardHorseJam

HardHorseJam
4 years ago#75
First time through each gen:
Squirtle
Cyndaquil
Mudkip
Turtwig
Oshawott

Second time:
Bulbasaur
Chikorita

Haven't replayed 3, 4 or 5 yet. I'd like to say I'll choose Fennekin as I've only chosen Fire once, but I'm leaning towards Chespin.

User Info: CreightonW

CreightonW
4 years ago#76
Gen1: bulbasaur
Gen2: totodile
Gen3: treeko
Gen4: turtwig
Gen5: tepig

4 out of 5 start with the letter t
Waiting for Vagrant Story 2, the next Chrono game, and Jesus.

User Info: PlayerFiftyOne

PlayerFiftyOne
4 years ago#77
Yellow: Pikachu
Gold: Cyndaquil
Ruby: Treecko
FireRed(only including this because Yellow is always pika): Squirtle
Diamond: Chimchar
White: Oshawott
"Oh, I must've been butter back then, because I was on a ROLL, BABY." - Wyrmwarrior5

User Info: SilverSock

SilverSock
4 years ago#78
Yellow-Pikachu, obviously
SIlver-Totodile
Sapphire-Mudkip
FR-Charmander
Diamond-Piplup
SS-Cyndaquil
White-Tepig
White2-Oshawott

And yet the grass starters are my favorites. I know it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I did pick Grass in Emerald, Platinum, and IIRC Crystal.
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson

User Info: ThatKipp

ThatKipp
4 years ago#79
First time around I always pick the water starter, but I like picking the other ones after I've used the water one. I use Venusaur over Blastoise until I can get Victreebel.
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725

User Info: Rogue Mutt

Rogue Mutt
4 years ago#80
I believe so:

Pikachu - Didn't really have a choice.
Squirtle - Never looked back, but switched to Charmander on occasion for replays.
Chikorita - Quickly restarted and went with Cyndaquil for the rest of my days.
Treecko - Not a huge fan of any of them, went with the one I disliked the least.
Turtwig - Always, gotta love that final evolution.
Tepig - No interest in the others.
Arcanine Alakazam Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you remember which starter you picked the first time you played each game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived