This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Later evolutions added that don't fit the line well

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Later evolutions added that don't fit the line well

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 years ago#11
Bountyan posted...
HHDeception posted...
Samurott does look like an otter....

It looks more like a sea lion.

They actually based the final design on the sea lion after visiting an aquarium, but there's still a resemblance to the giant otter.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: DoctorJimmy133

DoctorJimmy133
3 years ago#12
Bellossom.

It looks NOTHING like Gloom. It looks like they just picked a Grass-type Pokémon to give a split evo, and it happened to be Bellossom.

Its early artwork had the same skin color, but even then it made no sense. Why take away the poison typing?

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/e8/182Bellossom_GS.png
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#13
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Bellossom.

It looks NOTHING like Gloom. It looks like they just picked a Grass-type Pokémon to give a split evo, and it happened to be Bellossom.

Its early artwork had the same skin color, but even then it made no sense. Why take away the poison typing?

Oh yeah, and Politoed too
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: Rad_Dudesman

Rad_Dudesman
3 years ago#14

How does Politoed not did the theme?

Poliwhirl is a tadpole. Politoed is a frog.

If anything, Politoed feels like an apology that lazy piece of crap Poliwrath.

User Info: DoctorJimmy133

DoctorJimmy133
3 years ago#15
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Bellossom.

Politoed actually makes sense; it's Poliwrath that's weird. I mean, think about it: Poliwag is a tadpole, but Poliwrath ain't no frog or toad I've seen. It's an adult tadpole.
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.

User Info: Sammuthegreat

Sammuthegreat
3 years ago#16
Rhydon > Rhyperior. Totally ditched the grey colouration (which I much preferred) and I don't like how flat 'perior's head is after they got rid of 'don's crest.

Surprised you think Mismagius doesn't fit, I think that one fits perfectly.

There's a whole load that don't make much sense but that weren't added later, so I won't mention those.

Magnezone was kinda out of left field, although I do prefer 'zone to 'ton.

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#17
Sammuthegreat posted...
Rhydon > Rhyperior. Totally ditched the grey colouration (which I much preferred) and I don't like how flat 'perior's head is after they got rid of 'don's crest.

Surprised you think Mismagius doesn't fit, I think that one fits perfectly.

There's a whole load that don't make much sense but that weren't added later, so I won't mention those.

Magnezone was kinda out of left field, although I do prefer 'zone to 'ton.

Mismagius isn't even the same color as Misdreavus. And it randomly looks like a witch. That's not to say I don't like Mismagius, I just like it less than Misdreavus.

I always though Misdreavus shares more characteristics with Shuppet than it does with Misdreavus, so if they had made its evo something like a giant shuppet, I think it would have fit better.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
3 years ago#18
Mukrow, a witch-ish apprentice to DonCorleon- I mean DonKaras- I mean Honchkrow, a mob boss.

Venonat, with those eyes to Venomoth.

Dragonari, an elegant sea serpent to Barney with wings.
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: Jrx1

Jrx1
3 years ago#19
Mewtwo->Newtwo
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~

User Info: faruway

faruway
3 years ago#20
Lexifox posted...
Bountyan posted...
HHDeception posted...
Samurott does look like an otter....

It looks more like a sea lion.

They actually based the final design on the sea lion after visiting an aquarium, but there's still a resemblance to the giant otter.

It's because they had a very difficult time designing Oshawott's final evo, that's why they visit the aquarium to get some ideas and eventually, settled on Samurott being a sea lion/giant otter.
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Later evolutions added that don't fit the line well

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived