This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's not kid ourselves. Viridian Forrest gave us half our teams as kids.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Let's not kid ourselves. Viridian Forrest gave us half our teams as kids.

User Info: Hughs_Rage

Hughs_Rage
4 years ago#11
Davidk92 posted...
Hughs_Rage posted...
I didnt play gen 1 because some of the pokemon looked lame
like the pile of purple slime and the magnet with eyes

Generation 5 is the best <3

Ha ha, irony.

I mean some of the gen 5 pokemon are pretty weird like stunfisk and garbador but at least they get all the hate they deserve.
gen 1 gets praised for having best design when they have a brown head that turns into 3 brown heads
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
4 years ago#12
I maybe used Pikachu and Butterfree, but I don't even remember. Red was sooooooooooooo long ago. The only thing I remember is that I picked Bulbasaur.
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
if i'm going to heaven, i'd already be there

User Info: Strain42

Strain42
4 years ago#13
Pictocheat posted...
I could see using Pikachu, Butterfree, and maybe Pidgeot, but definitely not Beedrill. Butterfree was much more useful with Psychic attacks and status-inducing powders; the only thing Beedrill had going for it was Focus Energy + Fury Attack combo and Twineedle.

Also, even though Pidgeot is a pretty cool Pokemon, I never ended up using one on my final team. The fact that Gust wasn't a Flying-type move in Gen 1 didn't help, either. Fearow was (and still is) much better in my opinion; Drill Peck and Mirror Move FTW!

Hey, back in Gen 1 when the only attacks super effective against Psychic types were Twin Needle, Leech Life and Pin Missile, Beedrill was a gift from heaven (that ans Jolteon with Pin Missile)
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)

User Info: EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr
4 years ago#14
My Blastoise was my entire team. Okay, I had pidgeys and stuff but they were only collateral damage.

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
4 years ago#15
Starter Pokemon - Pallet town
Pidgey - Route 1
Rattata - Route 1
Nidoran (male or female) - just outside of Pokemon League
Caterpi - Viridian Forest
Pikachu - Viridian Forest.

That's usually what my early game team consists of up to about Cerulean City.

User Info: GeneralCortez

GeneralCortez
4 years ago#16
None
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]

User Info: Pictocheat

Pictocheat
4 years ago#17
Strain42 posted...
Pictocheat posted...
I could see using Pikachu, Butterfree, and maybe Pidgeot, but definitely not Beedrill. Butterfree was much more useful with Psychic attacks and status-inducing powders; the only thing Beedrill had going for it was Focus Energy + Fury Attack combo and Twineedle.

Also, even though Pidgeot is a pretty cool Pokemon, I never ended up using one on my final team. The fact that Gust wasn't a Flying-type move in Gen 1 didn't help, either. Fearow was (and still is) much better in my opinion; Drill Peck and Mirror Move FTW!

Hey, back in Gen 1 when the only attacks super effective against Psychic types were Twin Needle, Leech Life and Pin Missile, Beedrill was a gift from heaven (that ans Jolteon with Pin Missile)

I think you forgot Lick, brah.
Jolteon was one pretty badass MF, having Electric, Fighting, and Bug-type moves, but I always tended to use Electabuzz instead for some reason.
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world

User Info: PaulMalucciMD

PaulMalucciMD
4 years ago#18
I remember using Venusaur, Pidgeot, Omastar and Flareon. Idk who else.
-Sent from one of my four iPads-

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
4 years ago#19
I dropped my Caterpie as soon as it evolved into a cocoon. I'd say the majority of my team came from the Safari Zone.
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009

User Info: aurumArgentum

aurumArgentum
4 years ago#20
Pictocheat posted...
Strain42 posted...

I think you forgot Lick, brah.

In Gen I Ghost-type moves were ineffective against Psychic-types.
I accidentally MK75
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Let's not kid ourselves. Viridian Forrest gave us half our teams as kids.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived