This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The protagonist should be able to talk in this game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The protagonist should be able to talk in this game.

User Info: turkeltonjohn

turkeltonjohn
4 years ago#1
He should also have a backstory, these games are getting progressively bad with each release and I think the fact that you can't relate to the character or empathize with them has a lot to do with it.

Gamefreak, get off your asses and make a real narrative for once in a main game. Put effort into these games like you do the mystery dungeon series when you make a story. If main characters can talk there, why can't they here?

User Info: ryudin89

ryudin89
4 years ago#2
Chunsoft makes the Mystery Dungeon games, not Gamefreak.
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
4 years ago#3

And actually they do talk. They say things like yes or no.
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
if i'm going to heaven, i'd already be there

User Info: Mudkip43

Mudkip43
4 years ago#4
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC

User Info: Strain42

Strain42
4 years ago#5
I vote No. The last thing I need is for my character to decide to blurt out "I'm gonna stop you Team ______!" or "Yeah, I'm gonna be a Pokemon Master!"

I doubt they'd come up with any character besides Goody Perfect McGooderton for a playable character, so just let it be up to the imagination.

There are few games where I prefer a silent protagonist. Pokemon will always be one of those.
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)

User Info: Meta289

Meta289
4 years ago#6
Because the protagonist is supposed to be an avatar of the player, not an individual character.
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.

User Info: ColtCababa

ColtCababa
4 years ago#7
They can. I tell people off by saying "No" right in their faces!
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Team Miror Infinity
I hate everything.

turkeltonjohn
4 years ago#8
ryudin89 posted...
Chunsoft makes the Mystery Dungeon games, not Gamefreak.

I'm ruined!

They should take a lesson.

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
4 years ago#9
Yeah. It's not like Nate was an actor or anything.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.

turkeltonjohn
4 years ago#10
Strain42 posted...
I vote No. The last thing I need is for my character to decide to blurt out "I'm gonna stop you Team ______!" or "Yeah, I'm gonna be a Pokemon Master!"

I doubt they'd come up with any character besides Goody Perfect McGooderton for a playable character, so just let it be up to the imagination.

There are few games where I prefer a silent protagonist. Pokemon will always be one of those.

On that note Link shouldn't be a silent protag either. Who says Gamefreak will make a goody goody character?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The protagonist should be able to talk in this game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived