This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About to start Pokemon White 1..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. About to start Pokemon White 1..

User Info: BrayWyatt

BrayWyatt
4 years ago#1
I don't really like any of the gen 5 starters at all. Should I box my starter? If so what should I pick up early game and use as a starter?

thanks for helping me with this tough decision.
Believe in Bray Wyatt

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
4 years ago#2
If you want a strong Grass Pokemon, around the second gym you'll get access to Petilil (limited movepool, but can status the enemy and stat up to murder everything) and Sewaddle (Bug/Grass, good Speed and Attack, reasonable movepool).

If you want a strong Fire Pokemon, after the third gym you'll get access to Darumaka, who is a bit of an iffy Pokemon until it evolves. After it evolves it will eat enemy Pokemon.

Water is harder to replace, but if you choose Snivy you can get a reasonably strong (albeit fragile) Panpour, and around the second gym you can get Tympole, who evolves into a nice and average Water/Ground.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: SuperRup91

SuperRup91
4 years ago#3
samurott makes an excellent hm slave...since all 3 gen 5 starters are terrible, that is the best you can ask for...so go with the otter.

User Info: Minjo26

Minjo26
4 years ago#4
As far as I remember there isn't much early selection of decent Pokemon in 1. 2 is much better imo for the sole reason of a huge number of great Pokemon you can catch very early on.

User Info: FierceDeity1026

FierceDeity1026
4 years ago#5
I don't get why Samurott gets so much hate for in-game. He has high special attack, is pretty bulky, and has okay speed. Maybe he's outclassed competitively, but as a starter, he does a good job. But if you don't like his design, well then there's nothing I can say there.

User Info: BrayWyatt

BrayWyatt
4 years ago#6
Went ahead with Snivy bc Serperior looks cooler than Emboar or Samurott.

Been using my monkey more than Snivy though :\
Believe in Bray Wyatt
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. About to start Pokemon White 1..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived