This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To be quite honest I think D/P/Pt is my current favorite generation.

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. To be quite honest I think D/P/Pt is my current favorite generation.

User Info: VegantoKeens

4 years ago#61
Each gen the games just get better. You have the same basic red line followed while the gameplay mechanics, graphics and story involvement improve. Gen 4 was really a milestone with the P/S split, I can't go back to anything before that gen because of it. Gen 1 and 2 are horrible by today's standard. They were fun when they came out (though Gen 2 has some horrible problems), but they are complete **** today and cannot beat any of the new gens.
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake

User Info: Tatakai-No-Kami

4 years ago#62
BoyOfBattle posted...
DPP metagame post salamence and latias is super fun

if you're a boring old man, maybe
KINGLER for president.

User Info: Strain42

4 years ago#63
Gen 4 had the second smallest amount of new Pokemon of any Generation, and it still manages to have the higest (or lowest...not sure) ratio of Pokemon I like vs. Pokemon I don't.

Gen 4 is a weird one for me because the Pokemon that I like from it, I REALLY like. Froslass, Gastrodon, Honchkrow, Rotom, Croagunk

But outside of the ones that I really like, pretty much everyone else I'm either neutral towards, don't care about, or actively dislike. My platinum version is the only version I own where I don't even have a Pokemon who knows Surf on my main team because I don't like any of the other water types.

So to me Gen 4 has overall the worst new Pokemon (I'm just speaking my opinion based on how I feel about them personally. I don't care if DPPt introduced the super best OU metagame whatever Pokemon)

Now admittedly the new Pokemon are usually what I judge about 70% of a gen on, so that's not a good place for it to be with me. The remaining 30% are based on things like the characters, story, the world itself, etc. etc. which Gen 4 is still probably the worst for me. I didn't really like any of the gym leaders...or any of the elite 4...and Team Galactic are a joke to me. They look stupid, and to this day I don't even understand what exactly they wanted to do.

Team Rocket just wanted money and power with Pokemon, Team Rocket GSC wanted to rebuild, Magma//Aqua wanted to expand the land/sea, Plasma wanted to liberate Pokemon, but Galactic...I just don't know. I know Cyrus wanted to build a new world where he could be alone but...why was Galactic following him? What possible reason is there for them to follow him towards that? At least Ghetsis' plan was hidden from his own men. I'm sure there is a reason...I just have no idea what it is.

So yeah, if I had to rank the Gens, this is how my ranking goes

1 (yes, probably out of nostalgia. I admit this)
6 (based on what we have so far, subject to change)
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. To be quite honest I think D/P/Pt is my current favorite generation.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived