This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guess the pokemon pop-culture association returns

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Guess the pokemon pop-culture association returns

User Info: NekoHime64

NekoHime64
4 years ago#461
pbandjames posted...
NintendoFan2000 posted...
Then it's House.

You are completely right. The show has been stated to be based on Sherlock elements, so I didn't want to completely undermine your answer, but I couldn't just say that you were right, either. That was a tricky position!

There's still the other one left:

pbandjames posted...
A male Liepard is led by clues to discover the identity of an Abomasnow. He personally secretly hunts it while his sister, a Growlithe, hunts it for different reasons.

I can give more hints if need be, but I definitely think there's enough there to make some good guesses. The Pokemon choices were definitely carefully chosen for that one.

Here's another one:

Cobalion and his apprentice Chatot travel around solving mysteries.

Last one is Professor Layton?
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.

User Info: pbandjames

pbandjames
4 years ago#462
NekoHime64 posted...
pbandjames posted...
Then it's House.

You are completely right. The show has been stated to be based on Sherlock elements, so I didn't want to completely undermine your answer, but I couldn't just say that you were right, either. That was a tricky position!

There's still the other one left:

pbandjames posted...
A male Liepard is led by clues to discover the identity of an Abomasnow. He personally secretly hunts it while his sister, a Growlithe, hunts it for different reasons.

I can give more hints if need be, but I definitely think there's enough there to make some good guesses. The Pokemon choices were definitely carefully chosen for that one.

Here's another one:

Cobalion and his apprentice Chatot travel around solving mysteries.

Last one is Professor Layton?

Yep. Chatot appealed to me instantly as Luke, but finding a Pokemon for Layton took a bit, and I still don't think Cobalion is the best fit. But I can't think of anything better.
Game news is the best news.

User Info: ColonelHawk

ColonelHawk
4 years ago#463
Reposting
ColonelHawk posted...
A rogue Elgyem crash lands on an island, and is taken in by a young Bellossom.

User Info: NintendoFan2000

NintendoFan2000
4 years ago#464
ColonelHawk, yours is Lilo and Stitch, and pbandjames, the one with Liepard/Abomasnow/Growlithe is season 1 of Dexter.
I'd put a quip here, but I'm not hilarious enough.

User Info: ColonelHawk

ColonelHawk
4 years ago#465
ColonelHawk, yours is Lilo and Stitch, and pbandjames, the one with Liepard/Abomasnow/Growlithe is season 1 of Dexter.

Yup!

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
4 years ago#466
Hrm...obscure game?

An eevee is persecuted for crimes against the higher race and is taken to the mansion that is own by a Zangoose. He panics and somehow taps into the power to obliterate everything around him, reducing the mansion and all in it to ash. He's sent to a prison where he meets up with a female Sycther who breaks out the Eevee. They go an adventure to destroy the world and team up with a Tangela, A teddiursa (who's got girl friend that is an ursaring), a Latias, and a Mightyena. Also this eevee was raised by an Entei.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: alatreon789

alatreon789
4 years ago#467
Hirokey123 posted...
Hrm...obscure game?

An eevee is persecuted for crimes against the higher race and is taken to the mansion that is own by a Zangoose. He panics and somehow taps into the power to obliterate everything around him, reducing the mansion and all in it to ash. He's sent to a prison where he meets up with a female Sycther who breaks out the Eevee. They go an adventure to destroy the world and team up with a Tangela, A teddiursa (who's got girl friend that is an ursaring), a Latias, and a Mightyena. Also this eevee was raised by an Entei.

Sands of oblivion!
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
4 years ago#468
alatreon789 posted...
Hirokey123 posted...
Hrm...obscure game?

Sands of oblivion!

Sands of Oblivion is a movie not a game, though you're incredibly close.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me

User Info: pbandjames

pbandjames
4 years ago#469

Correct again! Good job.
Game news is the best news.

User Info: alatreon789

alatreon789
4 years ago#470
Hirokey123 posted...
alatreon789 posted...
Hirokey123 posted...
Hrm...obscure game?

Sands of oblivion!

Sands of Oblivion is a movie not a game, though you're incredibly close.

Sands of Destruction darn it. I can't believe I got those two mixed up.
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Guess the pokemon pop-culture association returns

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived