This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm tired of this old formula

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I'm tired of this old formula

User Info: Rose_Mage

Rose_Mage
4 years ago#31
Hodou posted...
westonticklee posted...
Hodou posted...
Kasada posted...
If for whatever reason Nintendo heard my wishes, Pokemon would look something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0K1z294p4yc#t=462s

See this? See how fast paced these battles are? See how I can actually use half of my team in a fight so I can mess around with team mechanics instead of playing rock paper scissors? Hear this rockin' music? THIS is what I want!

I'm sure I'll get some kind of response like "Then play that. Pokemon is a completely different series and it has traditions." The problem is that I actually like the pokemon universe. I like the pokemon designs, I like the mechanics, I just can't stand the static, slow battle system and the grind fest gameplay. I want to be able to win fights through planning and strategy that isn't as simple as having a fast pokemon with a super effective type move at a decent level. Heck, for me to feel like I'm playing intelligently nowadays in pokemon, I have to be playing a whole Baton Pass team, and that's barely viable.

I just want some new life in this series so I can enjoy it again. I don't expect it to change anytime soon, but I can dream.

--tries to point out how Pokemon should take cues from SMT
--uses one of the worst games in the series to prove his point

slow clap

Troll post. Nothing to see here

Oh yeah, because Nocturne, possibly the most grind-heavy and luck based game in the series, is TOTALLY better than SMT2, Devil Survivor, all four Personas, etc. etc...

It is. :3
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I'm tired of this old formula

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived