This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Palkia part water type?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why is Palkia part water type?

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 years ago#21
Gardevoir47 posted...
Diamonds are really hard (though still soft)

What do you mean "though still soft"? Diamonds aren't soft. They're the hardest naturally-occurring substance on Earth.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
3 years ago#22
iKhanic posted...
From what I just saw from images, Kelpies LOOK like underwater sea beasts, having a fish-like tail. My problem with Keldeo is that it looks like a generic pony

See the other link.

Floatzel is a weasel

In a world where weasels are otters.

I didn't know how else to describe Palkia.

Might I suggest an online dictionary or thesaurus?
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: scrappybristol

scrappybristol
3 years ago#23
Should've been Dragon/Psychic imo but I'm a generic Pokemon fan so my ideas are probably terrible =P
I'm a jukebox hero.

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#24
Lexifox posted...
iKhanic posted...
From what I just saw from images, Kelpies LOOK like underwater sea beasts, having a fish-like tail. My problem with Keldeo is that it looks like a generic pony

See the other link.

Floatzel is a weasel

In a world where weasels are otters.

I didn't know how else to describe Palkia.

Might I suggest an online dictionary or thesaurus?

"In folklore, Water Horses (spelled as "Waterhorse" in folklore) are described as being very similar to a long-necked seal. They are described as having a small head attached to a long giraffe-like neck with an equine mane (occasionally covered in hair) and having two sets of flippers, the rear pair at the very end of the body, giving the impression of a seal-like tail. Its body length ranges from 5060 feet and the neck is 70 feet long"

Keldeo has none of those features. It's a generic horse onto which GF slapped it's favorite typing.

Loot at Floatzel's name. It's pretty clearly based on a weasel. Oshawott's family is based on otters.

Palkia is a dragon that looks mechanical. Robotic dragon is a decent description.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: Gardevoir47

Gardevoir47
3 years ago#25
jayman7 posted...
Gardevoir47 posted...
Diamonds are really hard (though still soft)

What do you mean "though still soft"? Diamonds aren't soft. They're the hardest naturally-occurring substance on Earth.

Yes... I meant not just Earth :/
Pokemon White FC: 3825 7849 1598
BTW, The Game

User Info: Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu
3 years ago#26
It's because of the similarities between water and space. They both are flexible, have the ability to be formed (with enough power), and can be entered.
"Evil beware - we have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans

User Info: gamester_12345

gamester_12345
3 years ago#27
Palkia is a universe creating pokemon, it doesn't have to make sense for it to be so spontaneous, it's Palkia.

If you need a definite theory; Space Whales.
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg

User Info: ssj4warrior

ssj4warrior
3 years ago#28
ZackeCorvus posted...
The three dragon legends from Gen 4 also allegedly represent states of matter, with Dialga's steel representing solid, Palkia's water representing liquid, and Giratina's ghost representing gas. I have no idea if that is official or just another fan theory, but just putting it out there.

I quite like this theory
Mentions of Cloyster - 455
Number of 56th posts stolen - 139

User Info: Nomorice4U

Nomorice4U
3 years ago#29
Palkias head looks like a diver ;-) maybe that's y.

User Info: Aurawhisperer

Aurawhisperer
3 years ago#30
Because it represents one of the weapons from FF7
It's funny how so many immature imbeciles on here try hard hating me. You think I care, yet I don't.
Try harder kid. You amuse me :)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why is Palkia part water type?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived