This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have there been times when you've lost interest in Pokemon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have there been times when you've lost interest in Pokemon?

User Info: Strain42

Strain42
3 years ago#31
Pokemon is like a seasonal illness for me. When I wanna play it, I gotta play it.

I usually do a bunch of stuff before new games come out. Right now I'm still working on making sure I've got my ideal teams in all my versions.

It's a long process, but it's fun. I'm hoping to be done before X/Y come out (not likely since I haven't even started FR/LG yet)
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)

User Info: kirbydude385

kirbydude385
3 years ago#32
dadkwashere posted...
kirbydude385 posted...
a slight dip in interest after FRLG, spiked up again for DP, then went back down again until HGSS and has remained steady since

Lol make a line graph out of that.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/kirbydude385/Untitled-2_zps6c04fe65.jpg
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous

User Info: NumberXI

NumberXI
3 years ago#33
After Gold and Silver (nothing against it at all). I just stopped caring. Then after catching glimpses of a couple of episodes and watching my friend play Ruby in 2004-5 my curiosity got the best of me and I haven't turned my back on it since. Went on to buy a GBA and soon after a DS just for Pokémon

User Info: ArmandoXIIIl

ArmandoXIIIl
3 years ago#34
Gen 5's announcement. I bought Black anyway, and had fun with it.

About the time that XY was announced, I wanted to get back into it. Then I learned about EVs, IVs, natures, good movesets and all that jazz, and I saw that Pokemon was actually serious business, and really interesting to play
Formerly DoctorTitor
None of us on this board are garbage! We are a GAMEFAQS, and we're darn proud of it! - MMX377

User Info: tyronelad

tyronelad
3 years ago#35
Diamond and Pearl killed it for me. Heartgold rekindled it.
Stop right there, criminal scum!

User Info: PPPPLAASSUMA

PPPPLAASSUMA
3 years ago#36
As soon as a I beat a main game for the second time, I put the game down and don't touch it for years.

So basically I take at least a year to three year max break from pokemon after every main release.

I couldn't imagine playing pokemon frequently since I was 13. I'd get sick of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.

User Info: P0k3m0nWaRR10R8

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8
3 years ago#37
The time between DP and Pt when all of my friends stopped playing and it suddenly became "uncool" to like Pokemon
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.

User Info: DarkImpact2021

DarkImpact2021
3 years ago#38
Honestly, I lost interest after Gold/Silver/Crystal. I feel like the new generations have lacked imagination. I also didn't like a lot of the changes they made between Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire. They removed things like the day/night system and phone numbers from trainers wanting rematches. I also dislike how the storyline never seems to change. Obviously I don't expect much from the whole "train pokemon to beat gym leaders and the final 4" thing, but the bits with Team [insert name] gets repetitive and they should try to do something new.

I never could bring myself to beat R/S and B/W 1 and 2. I still play G/S and FR/LG regularly and I'm looking forward to seeing the updates and changes with X/Y. I'm still not fond of the new generations of Pokemon and don't think I ever will like any after the 1st and 2nd gen, but that's why I always have the option to transfer from past games and just use those two gens :D

User Info: Melkac

Melkac
3 years ago#39
Hmm...after replaying Black/White for the, uh, 2nd time I think. I thought Game Freak was going to re-release the game with a little snow in the hometown more pokémon and very few changes...AND THEN they would do a R/S/E remake. I replayed Black/White enough times and I consider the third gen to be the worst right now, so I decided to quit for the next 2-4 years.

...Then they announced Black 2/White 2, I decided to give the R/S/E remake a little chance. THEN they announced X/Y.

Yup, I love this franchise more than ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA

User Info: Maximoom

Maximoom
3 years ago#40
When i discovered IVs i abandoned the franchise for a few years.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have there been times when you've lost interest in Pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived