This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Look at the pokemon/version exclusives before playing the game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Look at the pokemon/version exclusives before playing the game?

User Info: hear_me_raor

hear_me_raor
4 years ago#1
Before gen 5 came out, i looked at all the pokemon, their base stats, types, etc, and it was okay... i pretty much won most of my battles with friends (mind you these werent EV/IV/moveset competitive smogon battles, but nontheless my best team yet). But when i played the game, there was no surprise of seeing new pokemon and their evolutions. So how about you guys, do you look at the new pokemon before starting a new gen?
[Private Sig: Do Not Read]

User Info: MetaFalconPunch

MetaFalconPunch
4 years ago#2
Not gonna do it this time, I know that much ^_^
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.

User Info: Hydra_Gundam_

Hydra_Gundam_
4 years ago#3
I browse through em to see which ones catch my eye. Like gen 5, I saw Haxorus and Hydriegon and figured theyll be on my team before I reach the elite 4. Worked out pretty well.
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space

User Info: Strain42

Strain42
4 years ago#4
I always check out the Pokedex before a new game comes out so I can plan my team, and by looking into the exclusives I can figure out what game I want to buy, but I try to avoid everything beyond that. I like to be surprised by the gym leaders and stuff.
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)

User Info: HomeRowed

HomeRowed
4 years ago#5
Seeing as how these games are going to have a more or less worldwide release, it's gonna be pretty difficult to look up the stats, version exclusives, etc. before playing. Unless you wait a month or so after release, I guess...
NO MORE FUNERAL CAKE UNTIL I CAN BE A GOOD GIRL
do you wanna die or just come real close?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Look at the pokemon/version exclusives before playing the game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived