This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate the Ability: Echolocation

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Rate the Ability: Echolocation

User Info: Duncanwii

Duncanwii
4 years ago#1
Effect: As long as the Pokémon that has this ability is in battle, every turn it's accuracy will be raised by 1 stage. In addition when it's sent out into battle, the opponent's positive evasion modifiers will be reduced to 0 and any attempts to raise evasion will be blocked. (this really won't help in competitive what with evasion boosting being banned, but maybe it will help un-ban it.)

Who gets it? Zubat line, Woobat line, Wailmer line, Chimecho line, Sandshrew Line, Any future dolphin Pokémon.
I'm not sure, I'm afraid we'll need to use...math!-Futurama.
Doh, I missed!-Wario

User Info: roxbury1990

roxbury1990
4 years ago#2
Kinda cool, pretty original. Id like it if the zubat line had gunk shot. just cause ha
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice

User Info: Xavier_On_High

Xavier_On_High
4 years ago#3
4/10. Decent if the Pokemon doesn't have any better options.

Wailord would appreciate having an accurate Hydro Pump and Blizzard, and Sandslash would like the accuracy boost for Stone Edge.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnafhjcUz1qmxswbo1_500.gif

User Info: White_Queen

White_Queen
4 years ago#4
Should things like Uproar, Hyper Voice, Screech, Howl, etc. all mess up the ability and reset the accuracy back to original?

User Info: Duncanwii

Duncanwii
4 years ago#5
For anyone who was wondering why Sandshrew and Sandslash gets it, it's because some species of Shrew can use echolocation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_echolocation#Shrews_and_tenrecs
I'm not sure, I'm afraid we'll need to use...math!-Futurama.
Doh, I missed!-Wario

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
4 years ago#6
Sandshrew/slash aren't based on shrews. They're based on the armadillo and pangolin.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
4 years ago#7
Sandshrew/slash aren't based on shrews. They're based on the armadillo and pangolin.

This.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif

User Info: BlazingRain

BlazingRain
4 years ago#8
I like it.

It's an interesting alternative to No Guard since it wont negate your own evasion, although it takes some time to set up.

It could also work as a counter to evasion spamming.
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah

User Info: NekoHime64

NekoHime64
4 years ago#9
Duncanwii posted...
Effect: As long as the Pokémon that has this ability is in battle, every turn it's accuracy will be raised by 1 stage. In addition when it's sent out into battle, the opponent's positive evasion modifiers will be reduced to 0 and any attempts to raise evasion will be blocked. (this really won't help in competitive what with evasion boosting being banned, but maybe it will help un-ban it.)

Who gets it? Zubat line, Woobat line, Wailmer line, Chimecho line, Sandshrew Line, Any future dolphin Pokémon.

Maybe it could negate/raise accuracy with moves such as smoke screen?
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.

User Info: Windyligth

Windyligth
4 years ago#10
Xavier_On_High posted...
4/10. Decent if the Pokemon doesn't have any better options.

Wailord would appreciate having an accurate Hydro Pump and Blizzard, and Sandslash would like the accuracy boost for Stone Edge.

>4/10
>Decent
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Rate the Ability: Echolocation

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived