This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is an outclassed pokemon necessarily bad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is an outclassed pokemon necessarily bad?

User Info: pokemonfreak97

pokemonfreak97
4 years ago#11
An outclassed Pokémon can be good and useful--see Politoed. Everything it does is done better by Kyogre, but because of the tier system, Politoed is still useful and used a lot. To answer the unasked question, Charizard is a monster in NU; just because there are better mixed-attacking Fire-types doesn't mean that he's not the best one in NU. Tiers are what make outclassed Pokémon good; nobody would use Charizard or Politoed if there were no tiers/banned Pokémon, they'd use Ho-Oh and Kyogre respectively.
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4

User Info: kaonohiokala

kaonohiokala
4 years ago#12
Is Pokemon X (subjective term) if it's (subjective term)?

btw guys i'm not providing a context either, here's a poll.
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
4 years ago#13
Not really...
It entirely depends on the Pokemon.

A bad Pokemon is outclassed by those above it. HOWEVER, an outclassed Pokemon isn't necessarily bad.

Bad = Outclassed, but Outclassed =/= Bad
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
4 years ago#14
pokemonfreak97 posted...
An outclassed Pokémon can be good and useful--see Politoed. Everything it does is done better by Kyogre, but because of the tier system, Politoed is still useful and used a lot. To answer the unasked question, Charizard is a monster in NU; just because there are better mixed-attacking Fire-types doesn't mean that he's not the best one in NU. Tiers are what make outclassed Pokémon good; nobody would use Charizard or Politoed if there were no tiers/banned Pokémon, they'd use Ho-Oh and Kyogre respectively.

That's not the unasked question. I already made a topic about Charizard regarding this months ago. This is a much more general topic
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: Thepenguinking2

Thepenguinking2
4 years ago#15
Nope.
http://pokebot.everyboty.net/pix/217.jpg best picture to ever face the interwebs.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is an outclassed pokemon necessarily bad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived