This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can Elikiteru not be a Mawile prevo?!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How can Elikiteru not be a Mawile prevo?!

User Info: DoctorJimmy133

DoctorJimmy133
4 years ago#11
They're not even the same color yellow, and Elikiteru's ears give absolutely NO indication of Mawile's back of head motif

A) Such minor color discrepancies mean nothing, and B) it doesn't have to. But again, I'm not saying it is a prevo 'cause it isn't.

I don't know how you guys don't see the comparison, though. Mawile's ears are similar to Elikiteru's ears, and there's the head triangle thing… It has enough features to irk me, but not enough convince me. This topic is for venting.
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.

User Info: P0k3m0nWaRR10R8

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8
4 years ago#12
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
They're not even the same color yellow, and Elikiteru's ears give absolutely NO indication of Mawile's back of head motif

A) Such minor color discrepancies mean nothing, and B) it doesn't have to. But again, I'm not saying it is a prevo 'cause it isn't.

I don't know how you guys don't see the comparison, though. Mawile's ears are similar to Elikiteru's ears, and there's the head triangle thing… It has enough features to irk me, but not enough convince me. This topic is for venting.

A) I'm not saying that what I said is evidence against it, only that it's incorrect to say that they're the same color yellow, because they're not

And on the topic of the little triangle, Lizard's seems to stay just flat around his head, whereas Mawile's turns into black curl that leads into the back of its head
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.

User Info: VIIVincent

VIIVincent
4 years ago#13
Eggsecute is pink and are eggs so it must evolve into Chansey!

>_>
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*

User Info: Hejiru

Hejiru
4 years ago#14
reaverz posted...
I remember topics like this when Drapion was revealed in Coro Coro, with people swearing it must be related to Gligar. Some even use a similar logic with the vast difference in typing, "Azurill exists so why can't a Poison/Dark evolve from a Ground/Flying?" -_-

I was one of those who speculated that Drapion might be a Gligar evo, and even I can see that Mawile and Elikitel are nothing alike.
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy

User Info: Whats_Up4444

Whats_Up4444
4 years ago#15
Hejiru posted...
Why does everyone keep saying Mawile? It looks nothing like Mawile.
Oh no! My gumballs! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!

User Info: torNATEo

torNATEo
4 years ago#16
In the description of Elikiteru it says it gets power by absorbing sunlight. Why would a solar powered Pokemon evolve into something that dwells in caves?
I don't care if you hate every Pokemon Gen but the first one. Just don't get all up in my face about it and let me love all five.

User Info: Whats_Up4444

Whats_Up4444
4 years ago#17
Why would a lizard become a f***ing plant Steel mc-hammer pants b****?
Oh no! My gumballs! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!

User Info: Enferolunos

Enferolunos
4 years ago#18
torNATEo posted...
In the description of Elikiteru it says it gets power by absorbing sunlight. Why would a solar powered Pokemon evolve into something that dwells in caves?

I'll do you one better, why would a solar powered electric/normal Pokemon based on a turbine and lizard evolve into a steel pokemon that dwells in caves and has a very obvious massive jaw theme?
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you

User Info: RX02Banshee

RX02Banshee
4 years ago#19
Yeah, it'll be a Mawile prevo. Alomomola was a fantastic Luvdisc evo don't you agree?
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
4 years ago#20
RX02Banshee posted...
Yeah, it'll be a Mawile prevo. Alomomola was a fantastic Luvdisc evo don't you agree?

I still don't get why people are upset over this and demand a retcon for them to become related.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How can Elikiteru not be a Mawile prevo?!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived