This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Predicted Starter types, and Your Ideal Starter Types

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Predicted Starter types, and Your Ideal Starter Types

User Info: Kirazykid

Kirazykid
3 years ago#1
What do you think the starter types will wind up being, and what do you wish the starter types will wind up being?

WISH:
Chespin: Grass/Dark
Froakie: Water/Electric
Fennekin: Fire/Poison

Chespin has his neat little hoodie, which I guess I equate with scrafty's hoodie. Hoodies are worn by thugs! Therefore the little guy should totally be dark.
Froakie would make a boss cloud genie frog guy. He sort of has an electrical look to him too I think.
Fennekin I don't like, but Fire/Poison would be an interesting enough type combination I guess. Maybe give it some poisonous cactus flowers for the later evolutions.

PREDICT:
Chespin: Grass
Froakie: Water/Fighting
Fennekin: Fire

Chespin just seems like it has potential to be a variety of types, but I feel like Gamefreak will just kep it pure. I felt the same way about Oshawott, and that just wound up pure.
Froakie's the only one I can really see getting a secondary type, as he needs something to set him apart from the other water frogs. I figure fighting, because gamefreak sure loves their fighting starters.
Fennekin will probably be boringly typed as well, I think. And I don't think that gamefreak will pull another fire/fighting, although I would laugh hysterically if they did.
http://i.imgur.com/IeM8k.gif
White 2 Friend Code: 4342 1476 5894

User Info: Great_Reapette

Great_Reapette
3 years ago#2
WISH:
Chespin: Grass/Psychic
Froakie: Water/Dark
Fennekin: Fire/Fighting

PREDICT:
Froakie: Water
Fennekin: Fire/Fighting
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.

User Info: Kitschgardener

Kitschgardener
3 years ago#3
WISH:
Grass
Water
Fire

I'd be curious to see if GF could make these work on their own, with a movepool more connected to their appearances than to a secondary type. Froakie doesn't really benefit from a second type unless it's Ground or Dragon. More likely though, we'd get a repeat of Gen V with its tiny level-up movepools.

PREDICT:
Grass/Fighting
Water
Fire/Psychic

Strict type triangles aren't necessary even if you do have two characters using the unpicked starters - GF even knows that. By the time the starters evolve, you'd probably have other Pokémon by then and there's no real point in using starters against each other.

User Info: jnethery

jnethery
3 years ago#4
WISH:
Chespin: Grass/Fighting
Froakie: Water/Psychic
Fennekin: Fire/Dark

PREDICT:
Froakie: Water or Water/Ice
Fennekin: Fire, Fire/Ground or Fire/Fighting
1: If you think your opinion is fact, then I will ignore you.
2: If you butcher the English language or abuse Netspeak, see #1.

User Info: Finale_Wanderer

Finale_Wanderer
3 years ago#5
Wish:

Grass/Rock
Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic or Fire/Dark
Water/Electric

Something about Fennekin screams Spirit-y. I don't know exactly how it'd look if it was any of those three types. I really hope that each of them are paired with a rare and beneficial type that hasn't been done often. If they're introducing new types... then I would like to see them all have that typing with them. Perhaps Water/Sound as it just makes sense as it's a frog, Fire/Fairy out of all the three starters Fennekin looks the most "cutesy", and Grass/Light... solar beam? Light-type makes the most sense for fire and grass. Fire makes light and Grass absorbs light.

Betting on:

Grass
Fire
Water

It's been a long time since they've all been just a single type, not since 2.
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger (DS), Super Mario RPG (VC), Final Fantasy Tactics: WotL (PSP)

User Info: Grammar_man

Grammar_man
3 years ago#6
Chespin-

Ideal: Fast Grass/Steel
Expect: Pure Grass.

Fennekin-

Ideal: Fire/Ice(Essentially, cross the Desert-living Fennec with the Arctic Fox)
Fire/Flying: I can see it's evolutions get bigger and bigger ears, eventually using those to fly.

Froakie

Ideal: Water/Normal(special sweeper) wtih an emphasis on music(Frog Song).
Expect: Pure Water.

User Info: AmyUnleashed

AmyUnleashed
3 years ago#7
Idealy for me, Based of there designs.

Chespin line - Grass/Dark (Pysical attack based)
Fennekin line - Fire/Psychic (Special attack based)
Froakie line - Water/Fighting (Special attack based)

User Info: MetaDeDeDe

MetaDeDeDe
3 years ago#8
WISH:
Chespin: Grass/Steel
Froakie: Water/Fighting
Fennekin: Fire/Ground

These are the type i hope the starter will for instance i would want Fennekin to be Fire Ground due to only having two weaknesses and considering how frail it will be, a super effective will kill anyways. Froakie being Water Fighting would be a dream. Chespin being Grass/Steel will never happen but at least it will a least weaknesses with that type.

PREDICT

Froakie: Water
Fennekin: Fire/Ground

Chespin since it is a hedgehog will be simply grass and Froakie by it's design will be pure water. However Since Fennekin is based of a Fennek Fow which is a kind of desert of Fox it would be Fire/Ground. Making it Fire/Fighting it just plain wrong. I hope Game freak goes with Fire/Ground for like Fire/Fighting it allow it to take neutral damage for Stealth Rock.

User Info: Frenchy_pants31

Frenchy_pants31
3 years ago#9
Wish:
Fennekin:Fire/Psychic
Chespin:Grass/Fighting
Froakie:Water/Dark
Well fennekin looks like he's using a psychic type move and look at its head its pretty large probably a large brain.Chespin looks pretty fighty you know so yeah.Froakie looks evil just look at the eyes.Besides this will provide synergy:Chespin strong against Froakie and then to Fennekin so basically Fire>Grass>Water>Fire and Psychic>Fighting>Dark>Psychic
Predicted
Fennekin:Fire/Fighting
Chespin:IDK
Froakie:IDK
Dont troll us please Gamefreak
I'm Viridipalm's alt. If you give me a Lava Cookie...I'll Viridify it!
Black FC:4814-6818-1239
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Predicted Starter types, and Your Ideal Starter Types

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived