The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, apparently there is evidence of another Bug Gym?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So, apparently there is evidence of another Bug Gym?

User Info: WiiareVenom

WiiareVenom
3 years ago#1
I hope the rumor of it being first is false, at least if they don't let us trade before the first badge again. I was starting to wam up to Chespin<.<

Kind of weird potentially having the one of the same type gyms early on for to gens straight<.<

IMO first through third = early.
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.

User Info: P0k3m0nWaRR10R8

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8
3 years ago#2
Well, I mean, in the original trailer there is a place that looks to specialize in Grass/Bug types, so that part of the rumor is believable for me
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.

User Info: jimrichards

jimrichards
3 years ago#3
WiiareVenom posted...
I hope the rumor of it being first is false, at least if they don't let us trade before the first badge again. I was starting to wam up to Chespin<.<

You could always catch the inevitable early game bird. Heck, anything that isn't Grass-Type will do well, and there's always plenty of those.

WiiareVenom posted...
Kind of weird potentially having the one of the same type gyms early on for to gens straight<.<

Kanto: Rock, Water, Electric
Johto: Flying, Bug, Normal
Hoenn: Rock, Fighting, Electric
Sinnoh: Rock, Grass, Fighting/Ghost
Unova: Grass/Fire/Water, Normal, Bug
Unova 2: Normal, Poison, Bug

It isn't like there's no precedent for repeating early types.

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Well, I mean, in the original trailer there is a place that looks to specialize in Grass/Bug types, so that part of the rumor is believable for me

This. Also, the shapeshifting room appeared to be a Gym (Psychic?) and that room with the flame pillars could also be a Gym.
I would prefer to be known as BlackWaltzTheThird, or just Waltz for short.
Official Froakie of the Pokemon X boards.

WiiareVenom
3 years ago#4
jimrichards posted...
WiiareVenom posted...

You could always catch the inevitable early game bird. Heck, anything that isn't Grass-Type will do well, and there's always plenty of those.

WiiareVenom posted...

Kanto: Rock, Water, Electric
Johto: Flying, Bug, Normal
Hoenn: Rock, Fighting, Electric
Sinnoh: Rock, Grass, Fighting/Ghost
Unova: Grass/Fire/Water, Normal, Bug
Unova 2: Normal, Poison, Bug

It isn't like there's no precedent for repeating early types.

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...

This. Also, the shapeshifting room appeared to be a Gym (Psychic?) and that room with the flame pillars could also be a Gym.

Forgot about the gen 3+4 Rock types. True about the bird, unless you can't get it before the first Gym (wasn't Pidove after Straithon[sp?}?).

Type really isnt that big a deal (in Yellow, I beat Brock with Pikachu my first playthrough). I just really hope they let us trade as soon as we can catch Pokemon this time.
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.

User Info: jEr3mY

jEr3mY
3 years ago#5
well bug types are generally early game so it makes sense... but I want something different.. Something that'll make up think...

Maybe an Electric type first up... random and weird but we don't get Ground types early......

and I WANT A DAMN DARK GYM!!!!
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 17 - updated 22 March 2013

User Info: nro87

nro87
3 years ago#6
Even if there is a Bug gym early, it won't matter for Chespin. He used Aerial Ace in the early footage, so maybe he will get Aerial Ace at a low level.
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.

WiiareVenom
3 years ago#7
nro87 posted...
Even if there is a Bug gym early, it won't matter for Chespin. He used Aerial Ace in the early footage, so maybe he will get Aerial Ace at a low level.

Good Point. Though if the evos leaks, and the conceptual Chespear/something equally interesting don't happen I might use a different one anyway. This gen seems to have the hardes starter choice for me.

User Info: xxxxxn

xxxxxn
3 years ago#8
Hopefully this bug gym will be more challenging than the bug gyms in the past games.

User Info: DarkFists

DarkFists
3 years ago#9
xxxxxn posted...
Hopefully this bug gym will be more challenging than the bug gyms in the past games.

Bugsy, Gen 4, U-turn Scyther. Probably the hardest bug gym we'll ever get sadly :/
PSN=Gelthidor

User Info: Bartz

Bartz
3 years ago#10
I don't care if they repeat commonly done gym types as long as they switch up the order (and finally give us a Dark gym). We've never had a Rock type Gym that wasn't the first gym, so it'd be cool to have it be 7 or 8. A Normal type Elite 4 member could also be really cool, especially if they make some non-Flying dual-typed Normals.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So, apparently there is evidence of another Bug Gym?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived