This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is HGSS Gen 2 or Gen 4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is HGSS Gen 2 or Gen 4?

User Info: Gold Ursaring

Gold Ursaring
4 years ago#11
YourLuck posted...
Isn't it more about the pokemon?

Mechanics are bigger. Feraligatr is able to flourish as a Physical Sweeper. The GTS is available in the course of the maingame.

wolf rider posted...
What about the horrible pokemon distribution and levelling?

In that case I guess they belong to Gen III.

RS had 200 of 386 Pokemon, missing every previous legendary and a whole lot of fan favorites. Colosseum was mostly Gen II Pokemon. At least, FRLG gave us a surprise with the new Sevii Islands. Emerald was predictable with the GSC Pokemon missing from FRLG and Ditto. XD probably had the best distribution of Pokemon that generation.

HGSS had a better distribution than most Gen III. It even improved on the distribution of Gen II, something that Gen III had actually done.

User Info: MagikarpRules

MagikarpRules
4 years ago#12
I really want to believe this is is a serious topic, but from TC's posts it indeed seems as a vehicle to bash HG/SS.

By the way, they fall in Gen IV's territory. I don't know how anyone could really think they are Gen 2 when they have the same game mechanics as D/P/Pt.

User Info: wolf rider

wolf rider
4 years ago#13
Alright, I admit I laid the bashing on a bit too thick, but I'm serious about knowing which Gen it belongs to.

Like a previous poster said, if HGSS belongs to Gen 4, it would seem a lot of the 2 > 4 topics and posts wouldn't make sense, though I never played GS.

Also, if it was well and truly a Gen 4 game, why didn't GF fix the levelling, and possibly rebalance the pokemon distribution?

Edit: spelling and grammar.

User Info: Enferolunos

Enferolunos
4 years ago#14
wolf rider posted...
Alright, I admit I laid the bashing on a bit too think, but I'm serious about knowing which Gen it belongs to.

Like a previous poster said, if HGSS belongs to Gen 4, a lot of the 2 > 4 topics and posts wouldn't make sense I would've thought, though I never played GS.

Also, if it was well and truely a Gen 4 game, why didn't GF fix the levelling, and possibly rebalance the pokemon distribution?

That doesn't make sense
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is HGSS Gen 2 or Gen 4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived