This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Evolutions for old pokemon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. New Evolutions for old pokemon

User Info: VIIVincent

VIIVincent
4 years ago#11
no one should ever get a 4th evolution. just how fatter do you want your mons?

Electivire, Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Magmortar and Togekiss?!
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*

User Info: paipr

paipr
4 years ago#12
Raikuro posted...
Pre-evos are just pointless. I know they were originally introduced to get hype for the breeding mechanic, but at this point the only reason any pre-evos should be introduced is if they are also part of a branching evolution chain.

several years ago id agree, but for some pokemon that are single stagers that have pretty solid stats a prevo offers a chance to get that line early and earn the stronger form. that said roselia is the best example of what should happen with a prevo, it should be one of two new pokemon made in the same line. it should evolve into an old pokemon and then evolve into another new pokemon.

id gladly take a prevo and evo for

absol
tropious
stunfisk
torkoal
heatmor
girafarig
druddigon
am i the only person that whishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from you topics?

User Info: IngSlayer

IngSlayer
4 years ago#13
Raikuro posted...
Pre-evos are just pointless. I know they were originally introduced to get hype for the breeding mechanic, but at this point the only reason any pre-evos should be introduced is if they are also part of a branching evolution chain.

I don't care.

I just want Kangaskhan (however you spell it) to have a pre-evo; and let it be male. (Or at least a male variation)
Sedix: Baffling Artist

User Info: mada7

mada7
4 years ago#14
Raikuro posted...

Agreed. Having so many pre-evolutions really detracted from gen 4 for me. Gen 2 had a similar problem with its pokedex but needed something to tie it to previous games and was meant to show off the breeding system. Gen 3 handled pre-evolutions the best it had only 2 and one was given to you as a gift and was never seen on trainers. A couple per gen is fine but no more than 2 per game or you risk having too many useless pokemon in the pokedex
Wall-Mart the place you go when you just got to meat a true moron -Lord of Phendrana
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
4 years ago#15
Raikuro posted...

I don't care.

I just want Kangaskhan (however you spell it) to have a pre-evo; and let it be male. (Or at least a male variation)

This.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. New Evolutions for old pokemon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived