This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon is not an existing type

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Sylveon is not an existing type

User Info: David_741

David_741
4 years ago#41
Brandon042487 posted...
Isn't it also quite possible that, though I'm not denying a new type, the current types have been, restructured?

It's not unheard of especially with the Gen1 to Gen2 difference when Dark and Steel types was introduced. Poison was SE against Bug, Bite was a Normal Type move.

So it's completely plausable that a restructuring of the current types might have made a difference in what is SE and NVE to other types

But it is also plausable a new type will be introduced.

Magnemite is the only pokemon that has changed type.

Rotom's alt forms changed but no new types. That was understandable.

Firstly 1st gen was so barren that the changes in gen 2 were welcomed.
Dragon had no attack moves that were Dragon Type. Dragon Rage sure, but it did set damage. Ghost also only had Lick as a variable damaging move. And it did nothing on Psychic types (contrary to what ingame said). Bug and poison is an odd change but I guess they did it to make it different to the Grass type which also was weak to Poison.

Bite being normal well they had no reason to call it Dark then. Karate Chop in 1st gen was Normal too but got changed to fighting. Bite changed to Dark since biting is a sneaky thing to do.
FC: 5286 0685 2561

User Info: DoctorJimmy133

DoctorJimmy133
4 years ago#42
Regarding the "Sylveon skit was a joke" thing… Here are my thoughts: in order for the scene to have been a complete joke, the punchline needs to have been that everything that Sylveon did or had happen to her could have been done by or would have happened to a real person. I can't find a quality recording of the event on YouTube, so I'm not sure what exactly went down, but I do suspect that karate-chopping a block of ice in half is hard to do. Thus I lean toward it not being a complete joke.

Geez, someone's a little hostile today.

That's the most annoying way to admit you're wrong: change the subject completely.
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.

User Info: Brandon042487

Brandon042487
4 years ago#43
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Regarding the "Sylveon skit was a joke" thing… Here are my thoughts: in order for the scene to have been a complete joke, the punchline needs to have been that everything that Sylveon did or had happen to her could have been done by or would have happened to a real person. I can't find a quality recording of the event on YouTube, so I'm not sure what exactly went down, but I do suspect that karate-chopping a block of ice in half is hard to do. Thus I lean toward it not being a complete joke.

Geez, someone's a little hostile today.

That's the most annoying way to admit you're wrong: change the subject completely.

If you find the video will you pm it me the link, I've never seen this type test video.
This Sig required 1.21 gigawatts of power to create.

User Info: Sotiros57

Sotiros57
4 years ago#44
Although it's true that GF could decide to change the type chart like they did from gen 1 -> gen 2, they wouldn't go through all that trouble on Pokemon Smash if it wasn't a new type. They would have announced Sylveon's type right away and most likely would not have mentioned the changes made to the chart.

Now, do you believe that if Xerneas is part Fairy (or whatever type you Pneumatiphobics would like to call it), could Yveltal be a completely new type as well? I'm not talking about Sound Type (lol), but I don't believe that one should have a complete advantage over the other. Could they both be Fairy/? Types, or could Yveltal be something else? Someone said that Yveltal may be Dark/Flying, but does Dark have an affect on Fairy? Fairy on Dark?
Pokemon X team list (so far): Fennekin, Froakie, Chespin, Pancham

User Info: Arne83

Arne83
4 years ago#45
I'm not gonna say that a new type doesn't exist. But I'm also not gonna say it does exist... at least until I see some confirmation.

And by that, I mean an official source has to outright say "There is a new type".
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.

User Info: Shariadarow

Shariadarow
4 years ago#46
Sotiros57 posted...
Although it's true that GF could decide to change the type chart like they did from gen 1 -> gen 2, they wouldn't go through all that trouble on Pokemon Smash if it wasn't a new type. They would have announced Sylveon's type right away and most likely would not have mentioned the changes made to the chart.

Now, do you believe that if Xerneas is part Fairy (or whatever type you Pneumatiphobics would like to call it), could Yveltal be a completely new type as well? I'm not talking about Sound Type (lol), but I don't believe that one should have a complete advantage over the other. Could they both be Fairy/? Types, or could Yveltal be something else? Someone said that Yveltal may be Dark/Flying, but does Dark have an affect on Fairy? Fairy on Dark?

Lgendaries don't always balance eachother out, a prime example of this is Kyogre and Groudon, where one is super effective against the other, as well as Cresselia and Darkrai.

According to the person who leaked the English names and the electric move, Fairy is super effective versus Dark, which means unless Xerneas is dual typed, it will have the advantage. Possibilities for dual typing that would balance them out could include Fairy/Grass or Fairy/Psychic.

And Arne, the main point of this thread is to get people to stop parroting the same silly arguments over and over again for why Sylveon will be x existing type, in particular Flying. I don't care if you don't think there will be a new type or not, only that you and others either start using better arguments for existing types, or stop arguing about that altogether until we do get direct confirmation, because at the moment no existing type has any evidence due Pokemon Smash alone.

User Info: DweezleMoonunit

DweezleMoonunit
4 years ago#47
Wow. Some of you kids are super immature.
PARAPPA THE ZAPPA
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Sylveon is not an existing type

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived