This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Music General Topic #1

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pokemon Music General Topic #1

User Info: Jagus

Jagus
4 years ago#1
This topic is dedicated to discussing the music of Pokemon.

I'll start by bringing up Giratina's Distortion World Battle Theme, or as the soundtrack lists it, "Battle! Giratina!"

At first I dismissed it, but it's pretty creepy and good. I love the way the song kicks off... truly a sense of distortion. The riff communicates a sense of urgency. I love all the reversed sound effects and chimes. My favorite part is when the flute comes in later in the song and plays a short bit, it sounds like it's saying "this is a glimpse of God's design."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmDHDt1oW4

I wonder if Junichi Masuda or Go Ichinose composed it, or somebody else entirely.
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge

Jagus
4 years ago#2
I can't be the only one who loves Pokemon music.
No, marriage is about love. It fails because people think love can be reduced to a feeling. - On the Edge

User Info: bwburke94

bwburke94
4 years ago#3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSJYAT6Jpzs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKSHin8oyxQ

Let the music play!
Probably not getting an Xbox One. I think I've made my reasons clear, guys.
And shut up with the semantic nonsense. It is indeed always online. Cue the flames.

Jagus
4 years ago#4
God, I loved Miror B so much, especially his Gale of Darkness theme. So funky.

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
4 years ago#5
Jagus posted...
I wonder if Junichi Masuda or Go Ichinose composed it, or somebody else entirely.

Probably Go Ichinose, judging from the bass. He likes to put a lot of that sort of stuff into his songs.

Anyway, I like pretty much all Pokemon music unless it's from gen 3. Those were some god-awful songs. Especially the ones from XD and Colosseum.
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more

Jagus
4 years ago#6
Gen 3 is probably my least favorite, music wise. I think it might be because I feel like the sound changed drastically. Maybe it was because of the addition of so many trumpets. With that said though, I did like some of the tracks, like the Elite 4 and Champion themes, and the Wild Pokemon encounter.

I've been trying to track down information on Go Ichinose's style and influences and stuff, but I can find almost no information on the man. I think it's a shame, considering he's been working on Pokemon's music since GSC.

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
4 years ago#7
I think the thing about gen 3's music is that the songs aren't necessarily bad, composition-wise, but the instruments are just... blech. It's not just the horns, but they're a big part of why it's bad.

Colosseum and XD, though... those games were just made by untalented people all around, so there's not a whole lot of good things I can say about the music there.

Go Ichinose is pretty great. I think I like Hitomi Sato's songs a bit better for the most part, though. She's one of the best things ever to happen to Pokemon music.
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more

Jagus
4 years ago#8
What are some of the contributions she's made?

User Info: TherianReturns

TherianReturns
4 years ago#9
Pokemon music is fine. It's you I don't like.
I am the only true Pokemon fan. http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about

Jagus
4 years ago#10
Lmao
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pokemon Music General Topic #1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived