This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About to start the 4th Gym in HeartGold (Need some team building)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. About to start the 4th Gym in HeartGold (Need some team building)

User Info: ssbmchamp109

ssbmchamp109
4 years ago#1
My team:

Espeon - Just evolved at level 22 and I'm starting to feel the pain of not having a psychic move until level 36...Any advice to make him more useful without breeding?

Pidgeotto - Level 21, decent flyer but I have a feeling I'll need to replace it soon,

Croconaw: Level 21, great water type but I stupidly taught him cut and surf but I can manage with ice fang and crunch when I get it.

Flaaffy - Level 20, Ampharos is pretty good so it looks like I'll be keeping her for most of the game.

Heracross - Level 20, great bug/fighting type. Will probably keep him.

Sandshrew - Level 18, meh ground type even when evolved so i made him my HM slave for right now.

So I have a starting Pokemon with 2 HMs, an Espeon with tackle and quick attack, a good Flaaffy, an ok Pidgeotto, Heracross, and a Sandshrew. I feel like I need to rework this team a bit. I thought about getting Growlithe but I would have to wait until level 48 to get Flare Blitz and evolve him. What's worse is that I can't connect to Wifi with this game because my router isn't WEP so no trade evo's.

I know it's still early in the game but I need some direction. Also I know it's not the HeartGold board but it's pretty dead at the moment.
PSN & XBL: Deathswitch109

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
4 years ago#2
Get a Noctowl with Insomnia.

It completely shuts down Morty's Gengar, and there isn't much that the other Pokémon in the gym can do to it.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif

User Info: ssbmchamp109

ssbmchamp109
4 years ago#3
Thank you but I think I may skip on the Noctowl for now. Anyone else?
PSN & XBL: Deathswitch109

User Info: maxforce2869

maxforce2869
4 years ago#4
I liked using exeggcute, but getting a leaf stone could be trouble down the line.

User Info: Kajagogo

Kajagogo
4 years ago#5
You should have waited until Eevee learned bite. That really is a horrible team, maybe you should start over. : /

User Info: SinExDeath

SinExDeath
4 years ago#6
Rattata line. Ghost immunity, fast, learns Bite and I believe it also learns Crunch before it hits level 25.
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14

User Info: pratypus

pratypus
4 years ago#7
You can ROFLSTOMP any pokemon game using only your starter, Why would you do anything else? Also bite and surf on your croconaw will be pretty good.

User Info: gopack24

gopack24
4 years ago#8
Magmar? Magnemite->Magneton?

It's a pity you couldn't then get Magmortar/Magnezone, but those are still decent options, I guess (and yeah I know you have an Ampharos on the way)
INDIA ICC WORLD CUP 2011 CHAMPIONS IND 277/4 BEAT SL 274/6 by 6 wickets
ARSENE WENGER'S RED ARMY

User Info: mralpha543

mralpha543
4 years ago#9
gopack24 posted...
Magmar? Magnemite->Magneton?

It's a pity you couldn't then get Magmortar/Magnezone, but those are still decent options, I guess (and yeah I know you have an Ampharos on the way)

You can get magmortar and magnezone.
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Real Arceus. Third Version M 2/26/13
Official ANBU of the Pokemon boards.

User Info: iron_defense

iron_defense
4 years ago#10
Go to the trade boards and ask for TM29. Someone will be glad to give it to you.
I think it's only fair that we throw monopoly money at strippers with fake boobs.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. About to start the 4th Gym in HeartGold (Need some team building)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived