This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: List things you think should've happened already in Pokemon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. ITT: List things you think should've happened already in Pokemon

User Info: marchefelix

marchefelix
3 years ago#1
Some of these things might be stating the obvious, but the fact that they haven't appeared must mean that they aren't so obvious to GameFreak.

- Fire Ball

Simple concept for a move, yet I find it hard to believe they haven't thought of this... but they have thought of Ice Ball.

- Lunar Beam

I've been wanting this since Gen 2. This doesn't have to be another Grass-type move; it could also be used by Moon Stone evolving Pokemon.

- Pre-evolution for Tauros/Miltank

Doesn't everyone think this is logical anyways?

- Fighting/Flying Pokemon

The only combination not made with Flying-type.

- Something that allows Electric-type moves to hit Ground-type Pokemon

Or would this make Electric-types too strong?

- Pre-evolution for Lapras

It would be so cute and adorable!

That's all I can think of for now.
And then Bruce Willis was there and he said...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g

User Info: Mewtwo_soul

Mewtwo_soul
3 years ago#2
Eh, on the concept of Fire Ball:

Will-O-Wisp move fits the description in FRLG description of the move itself. Along with a few other moves. Maybe they just wanted to avoid such a stereotypical move name?
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.

User Info: marchefelix

marchefelix
3 years ago#3
^Didn't know that.

(Still can't get over the fact we have Ice Ball but not Fire Ball)

Here's something else I thought of:

- A move that just freezes (no damage)

There may be one and I just don't know about it, but if there isn't, I think it's high time there is.
And then Bruce Willis was there and he said...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g

User Info: Toy_Box

Toy_Box
3 years ago#4
Re: Fireball.

What about a lava based move? Iceball is like the ice version of rollout, right? so a ball of flaming/melting rock makes more sense than a wisp of fire like will-o-wisp. It could be learnt by pokemon like Darumaka, Heatran, and other pokemon that you could imagine rolling into a mound of hot ashes and slamming into an opponent. Or it could be treated like Rock blast and be a multi-hit fire move. Of course the chance of burning would have to be either low or non-existent for a 5-hit fire move to be balanced, but as far as flavour goes it could be a signature move for Magmortar. Think flaming balls of lava.

Fire actually has a lot of utility for flavour in the pokemon world. There's already incinirate, which removes the opponent's berry with fire, but what if there was a move that consumes your hold item and ejects it as a flaming lump on your opponent. It could be an entry hazard where you need an offering to place it. That would make it more risk/reward than stealth rocks at the very least.

EDIT: I just realised that if a fire entry hazard dealt fire damage instead of just burning then it would OHKO dry-skin Parasect on entry. :0
http://i.imgur.com/bq0wTFV.gif

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#5
A move with Lightning in the name
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: mehmetski

mehmetski
3 years ago#6
Toy_Box posted...
Re: Fireball.

What about a lava based move? Iceball is like the ice version of rollout, right? so a ball of flaming/melting rock makes more sense than a wisp of fire like will-o-wisp. It could be learnt by pokemon like Darumaka, Heatran, and other pokemon that you could imagine rolling into a mound of hot ashes and slamming into an opponent. Or it could be treated like Rock blast and be a multi-hit fire move. Of course the chance of burning would have to be either low or non-existent for a 5-hit fire move to be balanced, but as far as flavour goes it could be a signature move for Magmortar. Think flaming balls of lava.

Fire actually has a lot of utility for flavour in the pokemon world. There's already incinirate, which removes the opponent's berry with fire, but what if there was a move that consumes your hold item and ejects it as a flaming lump on your opponent. It could be an entry hazard where you need an offering to place it. That would make it more risk/reward than stealth rocks at the very least.

EDIT: I just realised that if a fire entry hazard dealt fire damage instead of just burning then it would OHKO dry-skin Parasect on entry. :0

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Searing_Shot
tadaaa

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#7
iKhanic posted...

But isn't there...
Uhh...
That one move...

I got nothin'.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.

User Info: GlitterGuns

GlitterGuns
3 years ago#8
An openly LGBT character, whether an NPC or not.

There is at least one openly heterosexual NPC couple in every single residential area.

User Info: mehmetski

mehmetski
3 years ago#9
CakeOfLies posted...
iKhanic posted...

But isn't there...
Uhh...
That one move...

I got nothin'.

couldnt be made because of the character limit

User Info: P0k3m0nWaRR10R8

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8
3 years ago#10
I'm going to be the one to say this:

FAIRY TYPE

Why was this never a thing until the 6th generation? If it had been installed earlier with it's rumored type advantage, we wouldn't have had to go through 3 generations of Dragon-dominated meta.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. ITT: List things you think should've happened already in Pokemon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived