This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm making a second sun team, but I need help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I'm making a second sun team, but I need help

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#1
My team right now is (not posting full EV's and movesets for space reasons):
Ninetales (Defensive w/ Flamethrower, Will-o-wisp, Roar, and Sunny Day)
Espeon (Offensive w/ Shadow Ball, Morning Sun, Psyshock, and HP Fire)
Charizard (Specs Solar Power Offensive w/ Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, and SolarBeam)
Venusaur (Mixed Offensive w/ Giga Drain, HP Ice, Earthquake, and Growth
Snorlax (ChestoRest Physical Tank w/ Rock Slide, Fire Punch, Superpower, and Rest)
Vaporeon (Healer/Wall with Ice Beam, Wish, Baton Pass, Acid Armor/Heal Bell)

Right now I'm thinking of swapping out Venusaur for Lilligant, and using Darmanitan as my physical attacker over Snorlax. I might either swap Vaporeon out for Zoroark or another pokemon, or use another wall. Espeon stays because I want it to. And Ninetales stays for obvious reasons.

What I'd like help with is that I need a replacement for Charizard as a decently fast, special Fire sweeper that isn't named Volcarona, and if you have any good wall and physical/special attacker suggestions I'll take those into account too.

Be aware than I'm not modifying my current team, but rebuilding a new one using the current one as a template.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: Alty1

Alty1
3 years ago#2
What about Heatran?

It's not going to be fast, but it can wall with the best of them, and in the sun after a Flash Fire its fire attacks hurt like a mother****er.

iKhanic
3 years ago#3
Alty1 posted...
What about Heatran?

It's not going to be fast, but it can wall with the best of them, and in the sun after a Flash Fire its fire attacks hurt like a mother****er.

I agree, it could be a good replacement for Vaporeon. But I would still really like some sort of fire sweeper. I'm thinking Scarfed Chandelure, but I hate locking myself into an attack, especially on a Pursuit and SR weak poke.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: wind64a

wind64a
3 years ago#4
You could always use a Special Attack variant of Infernape.
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142

Alty1
3 years ago#5
What about Houndoom?

It's not blazing fast, but it's a bit speedier than your current sweeper. And it can Nasty Plot.

iKhanic
3 years ago#6
Alty1 posted...
What about Houndoom?

It's not blazing fast, but it's a bit speedier than your current sweeper. And it can Nasty Plot.

It's actually slower than Charizard, but you do have a good point about adding it. Also I like Houndoom and could really use a Dark type on my team.

Alty1
3 years ago#7
You're right. I was thinking Charizard was in the 90 speed tier.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I'm making a second sun team, but I need help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived