This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone planning on doing anything differently this gen?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone planning on doing anything differently this gen?

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
4 years ago#1
Breaking old habits? Taking up new ones?

Gen 6 is going to be the gen of change for me. I have never battled against anyone other then friends IRL, this time around I plan on getting into competive wi-fi battling. I'll probably get severly owned, but that's alright, I don't really care about winning or losing. I will have to learn about IV's, EV's Natures and Smogon though....I guess.

I'm also planning on nicknaming EVERY SINGLE POKEMON I find this gen. I've always been one of those guys who just mashes B after when the Nickname option comes up, but no more.

User Info: P0k3m0nWaRR10R8

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8
4 years ago#2
I took a break from competitive for a while once BW2 came out, so I'll get back into that.

Other than that, I've no real changes other than to actually start battling with friends I know, because none of my friends have played since Gen IV and I've convinced some of them to buy these, which is awesome
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
4 years ago#3
Well, usually I'd spoil all the new Pokemon, gym leaders, plot, etc. before getting the game, but that won't really be possible this time around. So there's that.

I don't know if I'm going to do anything else differently. Probably not.
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
why you be hatin', mosquito?

User Info: Nintendoomed89

Nintendoomed89
4 years ago#4
I think I'll make a bigger effort in collecting.

I've almost never been a fan of "Gotta catch 'em all". While things are always subject to change as I play the game, I always plan ahead more or less what I want to get for my party or at least what type of party balance I want to have. And if I have no interest in catching a pokemon for my party or training my current pokemon I'm spamming repel like crazy.

I think this gen I do want to go the collector route and if we do get a well done DLC system going (which I am totally ok with) I'd even make an effort to collect them all sans legionaries.
Xbox Gamertag: Toby9007
Currently playing: Assassins Creed 3, Halo 4, Injustice:Gods Among Us.

User Info: WiiareVenom

WiiareVenom
4 years ago#5
I'm gonna play through the game like the old days for once. Not that I have a choice this time....
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

User Info: bwburke94

bwburke94
4 years ago#6
I really don't know at this point.
Official Mega Man of the SSB4 boards. Official Grovyle of Pokemon X/PMD4/PGD.
The new unofficial Let's Playing board: /boards/600446-lets-play

User Info: Baseball4Lyfe85

Baseball4Lyfe85
4 years ago#7
I think I might only play one file of this game I usually reset my game so many times that I lose all my stuff. One file train them all and try to legitimately catch em all. Possibly play competitively but not rng anything like I have in gen 5.
Number of lv 100 w/o rare candies: 1

User Info: erekwashere15

erekwashere15
4 years ago#8
Try to not look up any guides on the Pokemon, so I don't see their move pools, evolution levels, locations, etc.

I'm seriously hoping they don't reveal any more Pokemon until at least the week before the game releases, and then I hope it's not the entire Kalos PokeDex.
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards

User Info: Aysander

Aysander
4 years ago#9
I'll be picking the grass starter for the first time since gen 2...gen 1, 3, 4, and 5 I've had fire starters. XD

User Info: TherianReturns

TherianReturns
4 years ago#10
Was considering using team of 12, instead of six. Depends whether or not Audinos or VS seeker are things in X and Y. Leaning towards not likely of these happening.
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone planning on doing anything differently this gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived