This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else feel like Arceus shouldn't be able to be caught?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does anyone else feel like Arceus shouldn't be able to be caught?

User Info: Issa_5

Issa_5
4 years ago#11
I've always felt that Arceus should have been uncatchable but with impossibly high (like all above 200) base stats and a multiple stage boss battle (perhaps 6 randomly selected elemental forms) . It would have made him an interesting final boss who would be genuinely difficult to prepare for.

User Info: Deitylight

Deitylight
4 years ago#12
No, absolutely no.
But to be honest it really isn't catch able because you can only get them from an event.
Unless you cheat of course.

User Info: MaplesGrandGM

MaplesGrandGM
4 years ago#13
Um, simply put, not all gods are "the God," of most of todays religions. As in, they are potentially defeat-able, and catch-able. Not completely invincible, not all knowing, not capable of doing everything, etc.

User Info: RDS1

RDS1
4 years ago#14
No, because it's not God.
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)

User Info: NecroStreak128

NecroStreak128
4 years ago#15
Oh boy...

User Info: yzman

yzman
4 years ago#16
Its not different than killing an Ancient Greek God.

Not all cultures believe in some infallible God. The Greek Gods weren't perfect and were killable.
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."

User Info: FuzzyJello

FuzzyJello
4 years ago#17
wind64a posted...
If a deity like being feels like travelling with someone, then it will.

Really, I think that's the mentality all the legends are implied to have; running around with a kid fighting strong opponents and seeing new places (particularly if you think about importing and trading in a narrative sense) is fun for them.

User Info: Meta289

Meta289
4 years ago#18
If you can't catch it, then why bother even making it a Pokemon in the first place?
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.

User Info: Reborn_Sigma

Reborn_Sigma
4 years ago#19
For some reason no one seems to remember that Arceus CAN'T be caught. The Azure Flute and chance to battle it were never even released.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does anyone else feel like Arceus shouldn't be able to be caught?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived