This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sceptile is my favorite pokemon.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Sceptile is my favorite pokemon.

User Info: MagikarpRules

MagikarpRules
4 years ago#11
paipr posted...
sceptile kinda is, but is not longer is one of my favorites.

back in gen 3 i couldnt play without using sceptile. tried once or twice but always ended up resetting and starting off with treecko. at first i wasnt a huge fan of sceptile. i mean i loved treecko, and grovile got me really excited for what the stage three would be. i think i was expecting it to turning into a grass/flying type, i envisioned the line to end up as.... well think a very grass type archeops. but sceptile did grow on me (even though his tale is still weird to me)

then gen 4 kinda ruined him, i mark sceptile as one of the pokemon most hurt by the special/physical attack split. i think its a safe bet that most people that transferred their sceptile from gen 3 to four suddenly found that the 4 moves their sceptile had went from supporting the higher of its two attack stats to the lower of the two. it may be a special attacker, but its safe to say the moves it was built to use where physical.

gen 5 didnt fix this oversite. and since then i have found other grass types to love. sceptile will always be remembered fondly, but at the same time, he isnt what he once was, and honestly i will be very happy for the day that they "fix" him

I think some Pokémon got the shaft, but others got a good boost. Sceptile got the short end of the stick on this one. But others, like Gengar, got lucky.

User Info: paipr

paipr
4 years ago#12
ZTIger5 posted...
I love Sceptile, but he lost a lot of his awesomeness in Gen 4 when his high S.Att didn't support Leaf Blade anymore =/

or crunch, or dragon claw
am i the only person that wishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from your topics?

User Info: erekwashere15

erekwashere15
4 years ago#13
Torterra > Sceptile
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards

User Info: GalladetheGreat

GalladetheGreat
4 years ago#14
I like Grovyle better.
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg

User Info: tsunamisurfer08

tsunamisurfer08
4 years ago#15
SkylaIsMyWife posted...
gladwyn101 posted...
SkylaIsMyWife posted...
Mine sucked so i boxed it (modest nature)

Though it would've kicked *** in gen III with that nature.

Only in gen 3? Because there was no split yet?

But i think mines stats just suck. It got slayed by everything

Yeah, using Treecko or Grovyle was difficult. Everything seemed to KO it like it was nothing. Then I got to Sceptile with Dragon Claw and a couple other moves and it crushed everything.
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.

User Info: patsfan2312

patsfan2312
4 years ago#16
Cool story bro, tell it again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tDTxHy7y44
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Sceptile is my favorite pokemon.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived