This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the best typing in battle?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What is the best typing in battle?

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
4 years ago#1
What is the best typing in battle? - Results (53 votes)
Mono Dragon
3.77% (2 votes)
Mono Steel
1.89% (1 votes)
Ghost/Steel
22.64% (12 votes)
Ghost/Fighting
3.77% (2 votes)
Water/Dragon
28.3% (15 votes)
Bug/Steel
5.66% (3 votes)
Steel/Fighting
5.66% (3 votes)
Water/Ground
5.66% (3 votes)
Fire/Dragon
7.55% (4 votes)
Other
15.09% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Reasoning for typings included:
Dragon has several good resistances and few weaknesses. Steel has several resistances. I would include Mono Fighting and Mono Water, but there isn't enough room.

Ghost/Steel- 3 immunities, and has bee talked about quite often as a good typing for Honedge

Ghost/Fighting- 2 immunities and nothing resists it's STAB. Only Normal/Ghost is immune to both of it's STABs. STAB Hi-Jump Kick and Close Combat*

Water/Dragon- Only 1 2x weakness to dragon. Has 2 decent good STAB attacking types

Bug/Steel- Only has 1 4x weakness to fire.

Steel/Fighting- A combination of the best defensive type and best physical offensive type. STAB Hi-Jump Kick and Close Combat*

Water/Ground- Only has 1 4x weakness to grass. Has 2 decent STAB attacking types.

Fire/Dragon- Completely unresisted STAB. STAB Fire Blast, Overheat, Eruption, and Flare Blitz*

*A pokemon with such typing may not have access to all mentioned moves. Strong potential STAB moves from strong attacking types are only mentioned for reference

I'm going to say Water/Dragon here. It's a fantastic defensive type and not a bad offensive type at all.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
4 years ago#2
Bump!
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board

User Info: andrewx72

andrewx72
4 years ago#3
Probably Water-Dragon. In the middle between offense and defense.
Don't eat blue melons.
Black 2 FC: 2022 7568 3773

User Info: MagikarpRules

MagikarpRules
4 years ago#4
I'm not sure.

For offensive bliss, I like Fire/Dragon. Defensively, I think a handful of Steel combos can qualify.

I'll go with Water/Dragon too. It doesn't hurt that it can learn Ice attacks too.

User Info: _KGC_

_KGC_
4 years ago#5
Dark/Ghost for no weaknesses of course.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/HD_70db4f_1159810.jpg
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra

User Info: SorceressTharja

SorceressTharja
4 years ago#6
Water Dragon has a great defensive type, and good offensive STABs. If only Kingdra were better...

User Info: Xazeal

Xazeal
4 years ago#7
Water/Dragon is just great overall.

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
4 years ago#8
iKhanic posted...
Fire/Dragon- Completely unresisted STAB. STAB Fire Blast, Overheat, Eruption, and Flare Blitz*

*A pokemon with such typing may not have access to all mentioned moves. Strong potential STAB moves from strong attacking types are only mentioned for reference

Fire/Dragon is only completely unresisted if you have something like Turboblaze. Otherwise, Heatran resists it. It's just that the only Fire/Dragon-type in the game does, in fact, have Turboblaze.

Also, if the leak that has so far proved true is true, then Marill now resists this type combo - even Turboblaze doesn't save it. In fact, Fairy/anything resistant to Fire does.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: Cpt_Calamity

Cpt_Calamity
4 years ago#9
Dragon/Fighting
Where is my desk?

User Info: KillerMechanoid

KillerMechanoid
4 years ago#10
In terms of both offense AND defense? Water/Dragon.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What is the best typing in battle?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived