This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the best typing in battle?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What is the best typing in battle?

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#11
jayman7 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Fire/Dragon- Completely unresisted STAB. STAB Fire Blast, Overheat, Eruption, and Flare Blitz*

*A pokemon with such typing may not have access to all mentioned moves. Strong potential STAB moves from strong attacking types are only mentioned for reference

Fire/Dragon is only completely unresisted if you have something like Turboblaze. Otherwise, Heatran resists it. It's just that the only Fire/Dragon-type in the game does, in fact, have Turboblaze.

I'm not including abilities and items in this. In terms of the type chart Fire/Dragon is completely unresisted.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 years ago#12
iKhanic posted...
jayman7 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Fire/Dragon- Completely unresisted STAB. STAB Fire Blast, Overheat, Eruption, and Flare Blitz*

*A pokemon with such typing may not have access to all mentioned moves. Strong potential STAB moves from strong attacking types are only mentioned for reference

Fire/Dragon is only completely unresisted if you have something like Turboblaze. Otherwise, Heatran resists it. It's just that the only Fire/Dragon-type in the game does, in fact, have Turboblaze.

I'm not including abilities and items in this. In terms of the type chart Fire/Dragon is completely unresisted.

Well, there's still the issue of Fairy's rumored immunity to Dragon. If so, that will become a much easier type combo to resist (Marill does, in fact.)
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#13
jayman7 posted...
iKhanic posted...
jayman7 posted...
iKhanic posted...

Well, there's still the issue of Fairy's rumored immunity to Dragon. If so, that will become a much easier type combo to resist (Marill does, in fact.)

Yeah, I was thinking about that too, but the issue is that we don't know anything for sure about Fairy, so it's best to just keep the discussion about the pre-fairy type chart.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board

User Info: SgtCashmere

SgtCashmere
3 years ago#14
Personally, I think Electric.

User Info: MagikarpRules

MagikarpRules
3 years ago#15
Well, if we count abilities, obviously Heatran would resist Fire/Dragon STAB if it's not Reshiram. And we'll have to wait to see if Fairy really is resistant or immune to Dragon.

User Info: mada7

mada7
3 years ago#16
Ghost/Dark seems like a no brainer for me. No weaknesses and only steel types resist the two stab moves.
Wall-Mart the place you go when you just got to meat a true moron -Lord of Phendrana
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419

User Info: zombiabsol

zombiabsol
3 years ago#17
ice/steel with flash fire

yep.
LOL, peace out Defense Of Marriage Act, you wont be missed...at all
aka Absol_Pancham
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What is the best typing in battle?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived