This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me, or does Honedge seem like a missed opportunity?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is it just me, or does Honedge seem like a missed opportunity?

User Info: ChampionRed

ChampionRed
4 years ago#1
Ghost/steel is supposed to be one of the best defensive type combos right? And they gave it to a possessed sword instead of, say, possessed armor. Assuming they keep the all-ghosts-having-a-unique thing, it seems like they could have done a lot better.
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was...

User Info: scrappybristol

scrappybristol
4 years ago#2
I'm sure Gamefreak cares about your input.
Blue skidoo, we can too!

User Info: ZTIger5

ZTIger5
4 years ago#3
What's to say it won't evolve into a possessed suit of armor? It was revealed only recently and there's few details about it.
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY

User Info: Cheesepower5

Cheesepower5
4 years ago#4
Parrying sword?

It's not, but I doubt that would stop Gamefreak.
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.

User Info: Senran

Senran
4 years ago#5
there will probably be a shield counterpart to honedge with offense-based stats and typing

User Info: ChampionRed

ChampionRed
4 years ago#6
ZTIger5 posted...
What's to say it won't evolve into a possessed suit of armor? It was revealed only recently and there's few details about it.

It just seems weird to have a sword turn to armor. While it does seem possible, it just doesn't make sense to me. Besides, such an evolution would likely cause a massive change in stats. sure, stuff like that has been done before, but it makes more sense to have them unrelated.
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was...

User Info: MagikarpRules

MagikarpRules
4 years ago#7
Meh. Not any stranger than Magikarp, Remoraid or Feebas evos (and I don't care what they are based on, it still is out there).

User Info: AboveTopSecret

AboveTopSecret
4 years ago#8
Missed? They could create as many opportunities as they need to.
Salt causes Diabetes.

User Info: I am a fish

I am a fish
4 years ago#9
ChampionRed posted...
ZTIger5 posted...

It just seems weird to have a sword turn to armor. While it does seem possible, it just doesn't make sense to me. Besides, such an evolution would likely cause a massive change in stats. sure, stuff like that has been done before, but it makes more sense to have them unrelated.

Fish evolving into an octopus? Possessed mask evolving into a sarcophagus? Nonsense evolution have happened, and I wouldn't even consider ghost sword > ghost armor all that weird.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Give a fish a man and you feed him for weeks! -ShinyMoogle

User Info: Twinmold

Twinmold
4 years ago#10
I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought this was a missed opportunity for a haunted armor Pokemon. Hopefully the evolution takes care of that.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is it just me, or does Honedge seem like a missed opportunity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived