This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone never encountered a shiny?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Has anyone never encountered a shiny?

User Info: ArabianPenguins

ArabianPenguins
4 years ago#51
The first that I ever encountered was a shiny Cacturne in Pokemon Pearl (which I used the master ball to capture it). I also caught a shiny Machoke in Pokemon Platinum and a shiny Abra in Pokemon Soul Silver.

I was actually surprised when I saw them considering I had never encountered a shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Blue, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, or Fire Red. That is, unless I encountered one, but failed to recognize it, and instead made it faint or ran away.
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146

User Info: mrquell

mrquell
4 years ago#52
I have played yellow, fire red, leaf green, ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond, pearl, platinum, heart gold, black, white, white 2 and have not seen a single shinny pokemon in my 10 years of playing pokemon

User Info: shadowysea07

shadowysea07
4 years ago#53
stupid random number goddess hates me.
You are now dressed as the last character you played as. Arogance1~I'm a tetris brick
Professor~ now now perfectly symmetrical violence never solves anything

User Info: PrinceChickadee

PrinceChickadee
4 years ago#54
No, I've gotten lucky quite a few times, but I'm stupid so I always reset my games without trading. For example, one time I got a shiny tepig without even trying, and while I ruined it by using it during the main run of the game, it's blue flames looked awesome. I had a few others too, I believe I had a green Onix at some point, if it's not green forgive me but I had a shiny one, and I also had a digglet with a blue nose(i think)
Then there's that stupid Gyarados in heartgold, but he doesn't count.
The only non scripted shiny I have right now is my Golduck. I caught him back in November last year and ev trained him on July 4th lol
RENEWED HUSBAND OF ARIASPLASH!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/RainbowHairedOwain

User Info: tiduz82

tiduz82
4 years ago#55
i have never encountered a wild shiny pokemon. I have played every single generation of pokemon games as well.....

User Info: sinisterorion

sinisterorion
4 years ago#56
never gotten one, but then I play this rather casually, even though I have played pretty much every game.

User Info: evilchimp900

evilchimp900
4 years ago#57
My first shiny encounter was a Zubat in Diamond. I was training to battle Roark, when it appeared; a green Zubat. I got so excited that I woke up my sister who had been napping, and showed her my DS. She also got excited...but then...

I realized I had no Poke Balls...

Heartbroken, I had to decide to either run from it, or knock it out...and I knocked it out.

Ever since that day, I always make sure to carry Ultra Balls.

Yet, I still wonder about that Zubat that could have been.

User Info: Rikkettik

Rikkettik
4 years ago#58
I can relate. Twelve years and thousands of hours of pokémon, but I only encountered (and caught) my first random shiny a few months ago. A male Unfezant, so that's pretty cool.

User Info: MasterCyndaquil

MasterCyndaquil
4 years ago#59
LOLZ you've never seen shiny red gyarados
I am the official Cyndaquil of GameFAQs and the secret board!
Official wife of DynasticAnthony! c; <3

User Info: thebrawler56

thebrawler56
4 years ago#60
Besides the arbitrary Gyrados, I've found a shiny Spinda in Emerald about 2 months ago.
"Chicken is my 5th favorite fruit! :D" -lenmutt
http://dragcave.net/user/thebrawler56 :p Bandwagons.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Has anyone never encountered a shiny?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived