This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you suppose is the casual to competitive ratio?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What do you suppose is the casual to competitive ratio?

User Info: pokemon2poker

pokemon2poker
4 years ago#1
Out of all the pokemon fans I talked to at Anime Expo, only 2 of them said they play pokemon competitively. I talked to hundreds of, obvious, pokemon fans this weekend, and it seemed like everyone is all about beating the elite 4 and giving up. Is a little competition too much to ask for?

I'd say probably 500+:1
A+E

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
4 years ago#2
To me it's all about beating the game, getting every Pokémon in my PC Box, doing every side mission/game/extra the game have, and... that's it.
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.

User Info: jneal57

jneal57
4 years ago#3
i say i am a hybrid. i am competitive in the game. doing lots of meta gaming for all the big battles. but i don't do online and such. i don't go to competitions.
:3 kitty kitty

User Info: Cedlow

Cedlow
4 years ago#4
Competitive battles is the best part to me i love a good battle.
the 2nd best part would be raising the pokemon of course.
3DS FC- 2981-5785-3794
Pokemon white 2 FC-2838-7906-7636

User Info: Arcasaurus

Arcasaurus
4 years ago#5
pokemon2poker posted...
I'd say probably 500+:1

Something like that. And from my own experience, what's worse is that even among the ones who say that they're "competitive," a good number of them aren't actually all that good and are just scrubs who copy sets/teams online without knowing what they're doing.

User Info: TherianReturns

TherianReturns
4 years ago#6
Anime expos are so worthless and pathetic. I expected more competitive players there, to be honest
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about

User Info: fallenKlNG

fallenKlNG
4 years ago#7
I used to play competitively but then I quit some time around the HG/SS days.

I think 500+:1 sounds about right, especially when you consider the fact that the majority of Pokemon players are children. They obviously don't go on Gamefaqs, but despite all the 17-25 year olds on these boards, I'm confident that the majority of Pokemon players are kids.
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What do you suppose is the casual to competitive ratio?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived