This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate my Poke Ball ideas.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Rate my Poke Ball ideas.

User Info: ZTIger5

ZTIger5
3 years ago#11
Accrovideogames posted...
Tech Ball: 3x catch rate on Steel and artificial Pokémon (list below), 1x otherwise.
Random Ball: Random catch rate, can be anything from 0.015625x to 4x (see math below).
Weather Ball (not the move): 3.5x catch rate during weather conditions, 1x otherwise.
Status Ball: 3x catch rate on Pokémon suffering from a status ailment, technically 4.5x with the status bonus, 1x otherwise.
Mature Ball: 3x catch rate on evolved Pokémon, 1x otherwise.
Combo Ball: Catch rate starts at .5 and increases by .5x for each unique Pokeball used prior without attacking or using other items.

Tech 8/10
Random 3/10 (would have to be really cheap to justify its potentially horrendous catch rate)
Weather 6/10 (kinda overpowered since weather moves are fairly common and some areas have weather effects at all times)
Status 5/10 (overpowered)
Mature 9/10
Combo 8/10 (costly from using so many different pokeballs beforehand)
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY

User Info: Accrovideogames

Accrovideogames
3 years ago#12
LegendofDarkrai posted...
Tech ball: 7/10 good idea but to complex to remember all the pokemon.
There aren't many artificial Pokémon and they're all pretty straightforward.

Combo ball: 8/10 good but a little bit to similar to timer ball.
No they don't, the Timer Ball can be used in succession without resetting its catch rate, and the Combo Ball can have a better catch rate faster than the Timer Ball.

My rating of PoorRishDude's Poké Balls:

Gem Ball: 8/10 I actually thought about this one myself.
Snare Ball: 10/10 excellent idea.
Spike Ball: 7/10 good idea.
Cozy Ball: 10/10 excellent idea.
Pika Ball: 1/10 sorry but this is stupid.
Rich Ball: 3/10 pretty useless.
Junk Ball: 8/10, I like the idea.
Heart/Muscle/Shield/Comet/Genius/Mystic Ball: 10/10 if they act in a similar fashion to Luxury Balls and Macho Braces, by that I mean that they don't give a fix value upon capture but doubles the associated EVs received.

Cozy ball: 7,5/10 nice concept but since small pokemon are often low levelled, you can use something else
They're far from being low-leveled. Besides, it's not easier but harder to catch low leveled Pokémon because they have less HP. A Pokémon with 1/300 HP left is much easier to catch than the same Pokémon with 1/20 HP left.

Junk ball: 8/10 very interesting but at the same time, you want your pokeball to look cool (rich ball)
I totally agree, con artists don't sell useless junk that also look like junk, their stuff must look useful and cool.

X_Ayumi_X posted...
I can only judge if you show me pictures of how they look. I go by how they look and use them by how they are and if I think they look right with the Pokémon.
Okay, I will, just wait a bit.

ZTIger5 posted...
Weather 6/10 (kinda overpowered since weather moves are fairly common and some areas have weather effects at all times)
It has the same catch rate as a Dusk Ball and that one works during the night and inside caves, which is more common than weather conditions.

ZTIger5 posted...
Status 5/10 (overpowered)
A Dusk Ball or Dive Ball used during the night while surfing on a Pokémon with a status ailment has its 3.5x catch rate boosted to 5.25x just by the status bonus.

ZTIger5 posted...
Combo 8/10 (costly from using so many different pokeballs beforehand)
People tend to throw dozens of balls to catch legendaries. How about throwing different ones and using a Combo Ball at the end?
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Rate my Poke Ball ideas.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived