This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many people actually pull an Ash...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How many people actually pull an Ash...

User Info: JoJoX200

JoJoX200
4 years ago#11
I thought pulling an Ash meant going into a gym battle and using exclusively pokemon that are weak against the opposing pokemon. Before I clicked on the topic, of course.

Anyway, I usually don't rotate. However, in White 2, I followed my own rule to not catch more than one pokemon for my team per badge. That means I had my 6th pokemon by gym 6. That slot did change quite a bit tough, as I had a tough time settling for a flying type. I had a Pidove purely as a flying slave, then something I don't remember before finally deciding to go back to Castelia and get myself a Zubat, which stayed throughout the rest of the game.

On that note, the one pokemon per badge rule works really well. I always had the exact level of the current gym leader's strongest mon and never had to grind. In fact, after victory road, I was slightly overleveled without trying.

User Info: PkmTrainerAbram

PkmTrainerAbram
4 years ago#12
I thought pulling an Ash meant going into a gym battle and using explicitely pokemon that are weak against the opposing pokemon. Before I clicked on the topic, of course.

He hasn't done this on purpose in so many years. Why do people think this? The kid type trumps so much
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492 both both games), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)

User Info: pokemon2poker

pokemon2poker
4 years ago#13
Ugliest op I've ever read.
A+E

User Info: JoJoX200

JoJoX200
4 years ago#14
I don't watch the anime on a regular basis, but stuff like Pikachu against Snivy(yes, I know Pikachu only lost because of Zekrom) and the first Unova gym battle tends to stick to my head too much. The newer episodes are different. My bad.

User Info: XWolfO

XWolfO
4 years ago#15
I always rotate my team, keeping only two or three Pokemon that I actually use from the point I catch them onwards. Been that way since Red, really.
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.

User Info: Hamiwiful

Hamiwiful
4 years ago#16
I only use 4 Pokémon, the other 2 spots are for different Pokémon that I catch and then exchange with others I catch.

User Info: zane0144

zane0144
4 years ago#17
I rotated in 5 oddish vs misty back when I only used my starter. Am I doing it right?
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ

User Info: PPPPLAASSUMA

PPPPLAASSUMA
4 years ago#18
These days I pick three strong mons that cover most, if not all bases, and cover eachothers weaknesses. Then a slave or two and maybe a legendary.

IDK if that's pulling an ash, but it's a HELL of a lot easier than training up six different legitimately good mons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How many people actually pull an Ash...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived