This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

getting kanto starters?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. getting kanto starters?

User Info: XWolfO

XWolfO
4 years ago#11
I don't see what the big deal is with people and the Kanto starters. It's not like they're that great anyway.
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.

User Info: GoldenSWarriors

GoldenSWarriors
4 years ago#12
blastoise can be used competitively, but in most cases tentacruel would be better
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif

User Info: kito-efil

kito-efil
4 years ago#13
XWolfO posted...
I don't see what the big deal is with people and the Kanto starters. It's not like they're that great anyway.

For me its nostalgia. Pokemon blue was the first video game i ever played. I dont like charizard for battle purposes but he was the one i chose my first time playing the game. Venasaur and Blastoise arent super powerful but i still love them.
Stop teaching kids if you're happy and you know it! ...It hurts timmy the T-rex's feelings when he cant clap like the other kids...

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
4 years ago#14
Pokebeach itself says there are parts that might (repeat: might) be false, but it's limited to two lines that aren't related to Kanto starters.

http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

And this wouldn't be the first game to give out alternate-gen starters in the postgame should this happen - Emerald, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver did the same.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: SlimeStack

SlimeStack
4 years ago#15
Personally I would like to see Kanto starters early on being given to you in the same manner as the monkeys were in BW. Chespin users would get Squirtle, Fennekin gets you a Bulbasaur and Froakie will get you a Charmander.

I don't think starters need to be some special post-game thing any more. It worked well in HGSS because three out of the four regions made an appearance, but now we just have Kalos and 6 sets of starters. Granted, if RSE remakes ever do happen that'll solve some problems, but I still don't want GameFreak to hold back on handing out starters now that there's 18 of them.
Blah.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. getting kanto starters?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived