This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

who here doesn't keep starter on team?

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. who here doesn't keep starter on team?

User Info: Deoxys_Prime

4 years ago#31
I keep my starters roughly 95% of the time. The remaining 5% are usually special runs like solos or where I substitute a starter for a personal favorite.
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149

User Info: xKYSx

4 years ago#32
1st playthrough never.

2nd playthrough I carry all starters for that generation

3rd playthrough completely get rid of them for my eevee starter or bagon starter.
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.

User Info: Nado6

4 years ago#33
My whole Heart Gold Run, I traded my starter with a Mareep and just figured "What the Heck" and played the whole game without reseting, One of the best playthroughs I ever had :) but I lost the Cartridge :(

User Info: kaonohiokala

4 years ago#34
Once i catch a zubat, it replaces my starter.
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko

User Info: Megawizard

4 years ago#35
I generally keep them up until what could be considered the "end" of the main game. After that, they're subject to whatever plan I come up with for a team build.
^( ' ' )^

User Info: dragoonslayer12

4 years ago#36
I always get rid of the fire type and replace with Charizard whenever possible (by trade or otherwise). Serpirior replaced Leafeon for me, so depending on how Fennekin and it's trees perform, I mite finally kick Rizo (my nickname for him) to the side (I have togekiss for flight).

My current team
Serpirior/Leafeon (mainly play soul silver a lot more)
*need a sixth.

User Info: Samp98518

4 years ago#37
I always keep them on my team.
Excuse me, sir? Can you sign my bus schedule?

User Info: ReloadPsi

4 years ago#38
For the main game I always keep the starter. It just kinda feels like the point.

Saying that, no starter of mine has ever survived a Nuzlocke run. Sad, but there it is.
The zombie fad has gotten so old it's gone senile and forgotten its own name. Want proof? "Walkers." "Rage virus." "Infected."

User Info: TaijutsuJoshua

4 years ago#39
SorrowOfAcheron posted...
I always have a starter as the 'leader' of the team, even in competitive teams.
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
3DS FC: 4871-3749-9558

User Info: MidnightCrew

4 years ago#40
Jaricko posted...
MidnightCrew posted...
i'd never done it before B/W2, when I was just tired of Servine's uselessness and traded her in for a Roselia. :c

Snivy is one of the pure plant type lines that is not worthless. Although I will agree that its very limited for story mode. Secret ability Serperior is great offensively and Sub Seed Serperior is pretty good too.

I know, I've used both competitively in the metagames that they are allowed in.

This question, however, is about ingame, friend. And as you said, ingame, Servine is very limited.
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. who here doesn't keep starter on team?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived