This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about Hacks/Breeding

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Question about Hacks/Breeding

User Info: Balamb00

Balamb00
4 years ago#1
If you receive a hack in the GTS and then breed it, is the egg considered legit according to the game data?

Basically in Black I would receive rare Pokemon like Spiritomb and Zorua through GTS. I always questioned the legitimacy of the Pokemon so I would breed it and toss the traded Pokemon. I know it's naive to think most Pokemon are legit on GTS but it's really the only method of going about getting a Pokemon that is rare.

User Info: shadyguyrockman

shadyguyrockman
4 years ago#2
According to the game data, yes, and the Pokémon itself will obviously pass hack checks. I can't guarantee your game card itself will pass the general check after possibly coming into contact with a hacked Pokémon, but if you release it, then the chance is quite high. Only way to be 100% sure is to trade and breed on a secondary card (say, X, in case your main game is Y), while hatching the resulting egg on the card you intend to use (Y in this example).
Platinum FC: 2063 1730 8794; HeartGold FC - 0560 9058 5184; Diamond FC - 3179 2247 2864; Black FC - 2279 2860 5022; White FC - 3138 5784 9025
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Question about Hacks/Breeding

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived