This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Extreme Speed/Shift Gear Genesect will effect this game's Metagame?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you think Extreme Speed/Shift Gear Genesect will effect this game's Metagame?

User Info: pokemonzero

pokemonzero
3 years ago#1
How do you think it'll effect the Uber Metagame in Pokemon X/Y? - Results (40 votes)
None(The combo will be banned from Uber)
12.5% (5 votes)
Alot(Now every Uber team will have one)
32.5% (13 votes)
Not much(Still not too OP)
42.5% (17 votes)
None(It has better sets already)
12.5% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Filler
I got post 501 once
Please Save my dragonCave Eggs/hatchlings http://dragcave.net/user/-Latios-

User Info: Tatakai-No-Kami

Tatakai-No-Kami
3 years ago#2
he will probably be put in OU for a little bit at the start of XY
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards

User Info: Hanon623

Hanon623
3 years ago#3
Shift gear is +1 +2 for atk and speed right? If it was the other way around sure it'd be difficult but i don't see the current as stronger than extremekiller, it has no stab and even with download in consideration it's still weaker. The only benefit is it's faster but extremespeed is +2 priority regardless, it's an answer to extremekiller but isn't much better than simply using a ghost i don't think it's broken enough to be banned from uber

User Info: Luigi player

Luigi player
3 years ago#4
It's already in the Uber tier so it doesn't matter anything. There are a lot stronger Pokemon than it in there.
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/

User Info: pokemonzero

pokemonzero
3 years ago#5
Hanon623 posted...
Shift gear is +1 +2 for atk and speed right? If it was the other way around sure it'd be difficult but i don't see the current as stronger than extremekiller, it has no stab and even with download in consideration it's still weaker. The only benefit is it's faster but extremespeed is +2 priority regardless, it's an answer to extremekiller but isn't much better than simply using a ghost i don't think it's broken enough to be banned from uber

After 1 round of setup and Download being Physical it might as well have
BST 240 Attack and 188 Speed
Arceus BST Speed 120 + Scarf x1.5=180

After 1 Shift Gear Genesect outruns a scarved Arceus and has 1.5 to double Arceus's attack
I got post 501 once
Please Save my dragonCave Eggs/hatchlings http://dragcave.net/user/-Latios-

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#6
In between a little and a lot.
I don't think EVERY team will have one, but I think it'll be even more useful than it already was.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF

User Info: Hanon623

Hanon623
3 years ago#7
Genesect is faster with the boost that's already known why would extremekiller use scarf though? I was comparing it's sd set since that's a boosting set to a boosting set, arceus is due to stab and the plus 2 stronger than genesect who only has the plus 2. Being slower is irrelevant as extremespeed is plus 2 regardless in a fight genesect would win, but that much is obvious since genesect resists espeed anyway i don't see a faster weaker extremekiller being that broken.

User Info: yzman

yzman
3 years ago#8
Things don't get banned out of uber. Thats the point of uber, its broken stuff.
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."

User Info: Thepenguinking2

Thepenguinking2
3 years ago#9
yzman posted...
Things don't get banned out of uber. Thats the point of uber, its broken stuff.

Chatot.
Moody.
"Fritz, leave this board and spend time with your only friends- Oreos."
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Do you think Extreme Speed/Shift Gear Genesect will effect this game's Metagame?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived