This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone have a Pokemon that they carried all the way over from Red/Blue?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does anyone have a Pokemon that they carried all the way over from Red/Blue?

User Info: kakashik99992

kakashik99992
3 years ago#11
No first because it can't be done second because even when I could do it I didn't because it's more practical to just pokegen a copy of the one on the other game
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#12
NeonDragon9000 posted...
fahademon posted...
wingblade98 posted...
IMPOSSIBURU!!!

I may be wrong here,but cant you convert pokemon into file format and then convert to gen3/4/5 format? I remember seeing something like that...

Doubt it. There were so many changes between the first two gens and the third that I don't see it working.

Even if it was possible, it would require ROM/emulator access and thus couldn't be accomplished on cartridges.

It would definitely be possible to do a "converter program" of sorts, but yes, it would require some way to extract the data and individual Pokemon files from the game. A lot of things would have to be randomized, of course, and you'd probably end up with really terrible current-format Pokemon in the end.
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
i disgust myself and everyone around me

User Info: wheeling_gamer

wheeling_gamer
3 years ago#13
If I carried over, you mean "used multiple times in every generation they were available", then yes.

I had an Espeon and Umbreon dual team that were hatched from the same litter and used in Gen II. Gen III also saw me using the two Pokémon together in a Coliseum team and carrying them over to Gen IV. Then, when I lost the game with them on it, I obtained the two Pokémon by breeding yet again in Gen IV and carried them over to Gen V.

Houndoom, Clefable, and Pidgeot come close, but I skipped a Generation with them (Gens III, II, and IV, respectively).
You know you read too much when you dream about flying books.

User Info: YOSHI475

YOSHI475
3 years ago#14
I have my whole team from sapphire. Blaziken, Sceptile, Swampert, Pelipper, Kyogre, Gardevoir on my Black.
My 3DS FC 2836-0311-6697

User Info: PheonixFFire7

PheonixFFire7
3 years ago#15
Ruby and Sapphire are the furthest back you can go if you want to transfer up through the generations. Canonically, and compatability-wise, Gens 1 and 2 don't exist. At least, not as stand alone generations.

User Info: Olikrom

Olikrom
3 years ago#16
I have a shiny Metagross I've used since Sapphire. I transfered him to FireRed, Collosseum, XD, Pearl, SoulSilver, White, and White 2. He has 17 badges now.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Olikrom/MsPacManDSi.jpg
Pokemon White 2: 0261-8137-4958
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Does anyone have a Pokemon that they carried all the way over from Red/Blue?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived