This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A simple and brief poll. Have YOU ever caught or encountered a shiny Pokemon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. A simple and brief poll. Have YOU ever caught or encountered a shiny Pokemon?

User Info: GoldenSWarriors

GoldenSWarriors
4 years ago#91
caught a shiny diglett in fire red, and hatched a shiny gible in diamond
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
4 years ago#92
Yes. 1st one that I can say was added to my list after Gen II is a Seel from Sea Form Islands on the japanese Fire Red.
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567

User Info: eponastar

eponastar
4 years ago#93
rpgguy999 posted...
No.
It's probably easier to find a gold bar on the street than finding a shiny pokemon.

I have had my pokes catch pokerus three or four times now, but not one single shiny.
" I never told anyone.... but I've always thought they were lighthouses "
Seriously, go play To the Moon

User Info: Galcian

Galcian
4 years ago#94
Red Gyarados

User Info: occono

occono
4 years ago#95
Starly

User Info: rocknroller365

rocknroller365
4 years ago#96
*takes out pipe and rocks back and forth in rocking chair*
Ah yes, I remember the day I encountered my first (and to this date, my only) non-fixed Shiny.

I was roaming in the exotic land of Sinnoh. I had stopped in Pastoria and decided to explore it's famous Great Marsh. And it is there that I met him. The <s>white whale</s> purple Quagsire.

Words cannot accurately describe my excitement upon encountering this creature. Filled with enthusiasm, I lobbed my Pokeball. The Quagsire broke free and, alas, it fled. I have hoped to stumble upon one again, even after all these years, but it would seem that Quagsire took all my hopes of catching a shiny with it when it fled.
*hangs head in shame, pipe drooping out of mouth*
[/overlydramaticdescription]

But yeah. Saw one in either Diamond or Platinum, it ran off, and I haven't encountered a non-fixed Shiny since.

User Info: narutogeek101

narutogeek101
4 years ago#97
Other than the red Gyarados, I've seen a shiny Oddish in Crystal, but couldn't catch it; I was either out of Pokeballs or storage was full, I forget which. I also found a shiny Golbat in Soul Silver, which I did catch (Crobat being my favorite Pokemon and all).

User Info: cloud2556

cloud2556
4 years ago#98
A shiny golbat
"Only fools believe in deterrence."

User Info: MaxR_P_G

MaxR_P_G
4 years ago#99
It was the original Silver version, I encountered and caught either an Oddish or a Gloom (this was a long time ago). When I evolved it into a Bellossom, I noticed that its coloration was not what I expected from the evolutionary charts in the strategy guide, there was also a sparkle icon next to its name.

User Info: TMoney650

TMoney650
4 years ago#100
Caught a shiny golbat in emerald.

I was like 9 so I didn't know anything about shinies, I just noticed that it was the wrong color. Nothing says ”it's your lucky day” like a brown golbat
XBL: A Percussionist
Official Halo 4 Board Fiesta Octagon All-Star
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. A simple and brief poll. Have YOU ever caught or encountered a shiny Pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived