This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So are you going to transfer over your pokemon from Gen 5?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So are you going to transfer over your pokemon from Gen 5?

User Info: fuzi11

fuzi11
3 years ago#21
I have never transferred a pokemon into another gen. before gen 5 I only owned gen 1 games.

Does transferring take an eternity? if yes, then I'll only trade over my main team, my legendaries, the special ones (starters, eevees, etc) and a few others.

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
3 years ago#22
I plan on transferring all my evolved pokemon and legendarys, and maybe some eggs of pokemon I plan to use in my final team. Pokedex completion is a big enough goal with just the latest monsters.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: ArabianPenguins

ArabianPenguins
3 years ago#23
No, I traded in my games and will be starting from scratch.
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146

User Info: ghosta2

ghosta2
3 years ago#24
fuzi11 posted...
I have never transferred a pokemon into another gen. before gen 5 I only owned gen 1 games.

Does transferring take an eternity? if yes, then I'll only trade over my main team, my legendaries, the special ones (starters, eevees, etc) and a few others.

yes it does as you can only transfer 6 at a time and have to play a min game each time. Diamond and plat only let you transfer 6 pokemon a day from each of your gen 3 carts. Transfering to Black however doesn't have a limit, but requires that you have 2 DS.

Pokemon that know HMs can't be transferred so you also have to take the time to go to the move deleater and delete the HM moves.

A think a bunch of pokemon in gen 4 and 5 are only available via import. Also some pokemon are easier to acquire in gen 3 (i.e. Milotic).
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2

User Info: M4nnimal

M4nnimal
3 years ago#25
Ehh...maybe a couple of my shinies, but that'd be it. I'd rather start fresh.
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."

User Info: PPPPLAASSUMA

PPPPLAASSUMA
3 years ago#26
I always start fresh.

If after two or three playthroughs things get stale, I'll start mucking about trying to move some pokes around, but otherwise IDGAF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.

User Info: Dante2049

Dante2049
3 years ago#27
I have 8 iv breed ev trained pokemon i worked hard on, so yes they will travel with me
Official Blaziken and Demonee-ho of ANY board
If love is blind, is there love at first sight?

User Info: NewbieN00b

NewbieN00b
3 years ago#28
Yes, just a few favorites and my shines.
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791

User Info: Luigi player

Luigi player
3 years ago#29
Definitely not all of them lol. Some EV trained ones and legends/other rare ones or some that aren't findable in X and stuff like that.
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/

User Info: RayCRP

RayCRP
3 years ago#30
Mega__Man posted...
vitonemesis posted...
It's been confirmed you can?

Exact question I was going to ask. I know GameFreak was "working on it" previously; has anything official been announced?

Everything that was said about it at E3:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66982626
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So are you going to transfer over your pokemon from Gen 5?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived