This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of us here are part of the Original Fanbase (aka. 90 kids)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How many of us here are part of the Original Fanbase (aka. 90 kids)

User Info: foxizard

foxizard
3 years ago#171
I was born in 86' and though I indeed like some gens more than others, I don't dislike any of them.

I started playing Pokemon Red when I was in Grade 8 (Though it could have been Grade 7).
Like sure, Gen 1 was awesome, but I've also felt the same about all sequential gens.

Even then, my favourite gens are so far are 2 and 4. Partially speaking, this is because I love the regions. A chunk of my favourite Pokemon come from those two gens as well:
3DS FC: 4296-2944-2414 (JPN), 2895-7285-0999 (EU)
Playing on... Wii U: Lego City U., 3DS: Disney Magic Castle, Yokai Watch PS3: Ducktales Remastered.

User Info: D_Cowboys15

D_Cowboys15
3 years ago#172
94. Blue was my first game
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/7269/1360638313811.gif

User Info: Exodecai

Exodecai
3 years ago#173
Was born in 1991, played since Pokemon Red/Blue
http://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-give-waluigi-a-chance-in-the-spotlight
Let's try giving Waluigi a chance in the spotlight! 150+ supporters!

User Info: Hotsumaru

Hotsumaru
3 years ago#174
91, red was my first game.

User Info: Enix Belmont

Enix Belmont
3 years ago#175
89'

Charizard sucks, Venusaur > Blastoise > Charizard
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.

User Info: confessabear

confessabear
3 years ago#176
Born in '92 and my first game was Pokemon Blue in 1999. I actually got a Gameboy Color for Pokemon Pinball, but they were sold out at the time, so I got Blue for the time being and the rest was history.

I could go on about how awesome it was to be a kid in the 90's, but I'll just say that Pokemon made up a huge part of my childhood (along with the N64, PS1, Cartoon Network, dial-up internet, Toy Story, DBZ, etc)
Tell Confess-a-Bear, now!
The '90s in a nutshell: good games, good economy, good times

User Info: Drakillion

Drakillion
3 years ago#177
1992 and Yellow is my favorite version. I was even there for the pilot episode of Pokemon. My cousins were hyped about it for some reason. After watching it, I got hooked into the Pokemon craze.
Fact: Laziness and intelligence DO NOT mix!
(GT: Yukiko on Fire) (PSN ID: LeoNexGen)

User Info: chronosxgp

chronosxgp
3 years ago#178
89' Blastoise 4 lyfe.
PSN: freestyle-xgp / Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0047-1250 -7224
I actually like Tidus. FFVII is an excellent game. I don't rank FF's except XIII which is last.

User Info: CelesEsperIce3

CelesEsperIce3
3 years ago#179
90's kids are not the "Original Fanbase". 80's kids are the Original Fanbase and some kids born in the early 90's might be a part of it(90,91). TC born in 94, lol, that means you were 4(if that) when Pokemon Red/Blue came out. You might not have even been out of diapers depending on what month you were born.

If anything you might be part of the Gold/Silver Fanbase(6 by them), but you can't claim to be part of the original fanbase just because Red/Blue was the first game you played. Does someone born in 2012 count as part of the original fanbase if they played Red/Blue first?
I like cheese!!!

User Info: GBeastMegamanBX

GBeastMegamanBX
3 years ago#180
Born in the 90 exact and liked pokemon since it made its way to amerdica
"I noticed your beautiful hair right away" - Minato to Kushina
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How many of us here are part of the Original Fanbase (aka. 90 kids)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived