This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The demo revealed something about starter gender, perhaps?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The demo revealed something about starter gender, perhaps?

User Info: Melkac

Melkac
4 years ago#21
rocknroller365 posted...
TheMasterTurtle posted...
I hope not. I never use female Pokemon and if I have to restart I'll be a little pissed.

O.o

What's wrong with female Pokemon?

He's allergic to girls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA

User Info: Samurai-X1

Samurai-X1
4 years ago#22
I agree with TheMasterTurtle, I always use all male teams. Using female pokemon seems weird to me, but not as weird as guys playing as the female protagonist.

User Info: pyrotempestwing

pyrotempestwing
4 years ago#23
Samurai-X1 posted...
I agree with TheMasterTurtle, I always use all male teams. Using female pokemon seems weird to me, but not as weird as guys playing as the female protagonist.

It's more of a looks thing. If I'm going to be staring at a character for hours, I'd rather it be a character I like to look at.
FC's: B1: Lexi 2365-9525-1918; B2: Misaki 4213-1809-7119 3DS FC: Thomas 5069-4431-9392
Yeah, I'm a crossplayer. Deal with it.

User Info: Lucis_Ferre

Lucis_Ferre
4 years ago#24
There's been exceptions before but I'll admit they usually seem intended.

Like all of Bugsy's Pokemon in HGSS are female.

Seriously, check it out, blew my damn mind.

As for gender, I usually go with what feels 'right' for a Pokemon. So sometimes it can be anything (Don't particular care if my Wailord's a guy or a girl), other times I'll only get female Ralts to become Gardevoir, female Chikorita, male Blaziken, female Eevees to become Espeon, male Eevees to become Jolteon etc.
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'

User Info: Thepenguinking2

Thepenguinking2
4 years ago#25
Samurai-X1 posted...

I don't find it wierd to have female members on my team. Don't know why anyone would. And I play as the girl in B2.
"Fritz, leave this board and spend time with your only friends- Oreos."
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!

User Info: Phoenicopter

Phoenicopter
4 years ago#26
OCD is irrational and varies from person to person. He can't help it if that's his specific obsession.

That would be a compulsion, not an obsession.
Feeny, a cop on the edge of ter!
Erotic Pen Hop!

User Info: Callista08

Callista08
4 years ago#27
A female starter with greater chances would be amazing. I strictly have one of every pokemon, any pokemon that has an optional gender is female.

I would like to just get started on my journey not have to keep resetting.
Pokemon Black FC: 3653-9864-6035
Pokemon White FC: 4641-8614-2897 (5th Gen Edits only)

User Info: Duskull24

Duskull24
4 years ago#28
Yorkster posted...
So you would be ok with 6 female pokemon then? If your starter ends up being female, why not just catch 5 more female pokemon rather than reseting?

Get your feminist agenda out of here. I, like TheMasterTurtle, also only have teams of males. It's not because I'm scared of girls or anything. That's just how my OCD works. I can't control it, I need all the little symbols to be blue or else I just get an unsettling feeling the entire time I play.
Not changing this sig until Gamefreak brings back the Trick Master. Started 9-19-10

User Info: EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr
4 years ago#29
fahademon posted...
I'm with TheMasterTurtle on this,I never use female pokemon on ingame teams.It just feels...weird.

Same here. I'm pretty OCD on having an all-male team.

User Info: SirPikachu

SirPikachu
4 years ago#30
Samurai-X1 posted...

How is that weird? It's a game character. I usually use the female if I replay a game. Same in other games like Skyrim, Fallout, ect.
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The demo revealed something about starter gender, perhaps?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived