This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon that have underwhelmed/disappointed you on your playthroughs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pokemon that have underwhelmed/disappointed you on your playthroughs

User Info: Mynameispaul96

Mynameispaul96
4 years ago#1
Flygon in black 2. It was 10+ levels higher then npc's pokemon and could not 1-hit KO them.
So what's a pokemon that didn't do as well as you were expecting?
Chespin and Froakie are the best things, since sliced bread. LOL
3DS FC: 3351 - 4223 - 6174, pm me so we can be friends. : /

User Info: SorceressTharja

SorceressTharja
4 years ago#2
Lucario. On a team with Excadrill, Darmanitan and Chandelure (+Starter +HM Slave) it struggles to stand out. I'm not saying Lucario is bad at all, it's just that... well... it got overshadowed. Badly.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67092684 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...

User Info: Noble-Heart

Noble-Heart
4 years ago#3
Servine, I benched him for the more powerful and elegant pokemon Lilligant.
Official Crystal of the Pokemon X and Y board
http://e-shuushuu.net/images/2011-01-07-360631.jpeg

User Info: EtoRanger

EtoRanger
4 years ago#4
Unown in my first Pokemon Gold play through. I kept it in my team for a long time thinking it will get good.

It didn't.

User Info: Kitaroo

Kitaroo
4 years ago#5
Serperior. It was the only starter i didnt take to PLeague.
Currently playing : ACNL / M&LDT

User Info: SuperSonicDBZ

SuperSonicDBZ
4 years ago#6
EtoRanger posted...
Unown in my first Pokemon Gold play through. I kept it in my team for a long time thinking it will get good.

It didn't.

Aww. That hurts. That hurts a lot.

Ledyba in Pokemon Gold or Silver (1st Release). I was hoping it would get better. It did not. Finally got rid of it when I caught a Scyther at the Bug Contest. Never used a Ledyba or it's evolution again.
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A

User Info: StarFoxFan1

StarFoxFan1
4 years ago#7
Absol in platinum. I needed a Pokemon to replace my hm slave for the elite 4, so I decided to look for this awesome looking Pokemon (I missed gen III so I hadn't seen it before). After half an hour I finally caught one, only to discover it always dies in 1 hit. I've learned how to use absol now (super luck + night slash + scope lens = 50/50 chance of crit), but ditched that one in platinum quickly.
---
Insert signature here.

User Info: Hughs_Rage

Hughs_Rage
4 years ago#8
Servine, I benched him for the more powerful and elegant pokemon Roserade.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
QWILFISH for Smash 4! Also waiting on Qwilfish's Megalution, QWILSHARK!

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
4 years ago#9
I have used a lot of Pokemon others see as garbage, so my standards are not terribly high. I still remember a horror story of the first time I tried to raise a Paras from outside Mt. Moon in Red Version. It was more irritating than I had expected.

Similarly, Cradily proved difficult to raise and not too useful outside of competitive circles because of how it plays. I love Grass types, but so many of them are like these.

EtoRanger posted...

It didn't.

Huh. I found Unown to be useful against Falkner and Bugsy when starting with Chikorita. They have no utility thereafter, though.
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
No news now-

User Info: P0k3m0nWaRR10R8

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8
4 years ago#10
Tropius is Emerald

The entire Serperior line could be exchanged for a different grass type

Noctowl in GSC
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Pokemon that have underwhelmed/disappointed you on your playthroughs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived