This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What were your Pokemon gaming habits 5, 10, and 15 years ago?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What were your Pokemon gaming habits 5, 10, and 15 years ago?

User Info: the_doctor1013

the_doctor1013
3 years ago#21
Ansem_the_evil posted...
the_doctor1013 posted...
in every pokemon game I've played my main team must be all male, woman are only for breeding except chansey

I cant belive that anyone above the age of 10 even thinks this are they stil in the stage were they think girls are icky?

I only used male pokemon because I was 6 and thought girls couldnt fight. Now i just do it for the sake of tradition

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
3 years ago#22
2008: Stopped Playing pokemon then. I only restarted to play a lot when Platinum was released, in 2009 here.

2003: Was introduced to Pokemon Saphire. I did not have a computer at my mom's house, and only could play trhough emulator in my dad's home. I DID have a GBA then, but I couldn't afford the game.

1998:`I barely knew the existence of pokemon. I actually learned the existence in mid 1999, and started to love it in august 1999.
Live like a windrammer as you **** while seeing futures in balls-Whoever wrote to AVGN
3DS FC: 4339-2730-2396

User Info: DKU_Arich

DKU_Arich
3 years ago#23
I watched the show/traded cards and had Pokemon board games etc., if that counts. I didn't get a Game Boy Color and Blue/Yellow until Christmas of 1999. Got Gold/Silver in 2000, Crystal in 2001, etc. Lost my games and gave up Pokemon as a whole in 2002.

Found a Sapphire cartridge walking home from middle school one day. I didn't know it was Pokemon; it was missing the label and I thought it was Mega Man for some reason. I popped it in and I admit I laughed; it was Pokemon and I "outgrew" it 2002. I started a file for the laughs but... to my surprise, WOW, Sapphire was great. I fell in complete love with the game. 250 hours of my life went to that cartridge and I don't regret any minute.

Once I was "done" with the game, I loaned it to an acquaintance and he flat-out refused to give it back. He moved across town shortly after and eventually I just said "screw it." What's funny is last year (2012) I went with a friend to a house party and guess who threw the party? The same guy who "stole" my Sapphire 8 years prior. It was amusing; I mentioned the Sapphire just to say that it didn't really bother me and I was completely over it, no hard feelings. It took him a second to remember but he said someone stole the game from him that same day; he felt so bad that he didn't want to tell me it was stolen, even going out of his way to avoid me as a result. In fact, he said my Sapphire getting stolen turned him off of gaming as a whole and he gave all of his gaming stuff to his brother. Poor guy.

2008 was virtually nonexistent when it came to Pokemon.

Yeah, since the whole Sapphire thing, I hadn't played Pokemon in years. I'm not sure why but I picked up Pearl on a whim the week it came out (April '07) and it was the same thing with Sapphire all over again. Man, that Pearl. I couldn't count the amount of hours I spent playing that. I did quit Pokemon at the end of 2007 though. Didn't pick it up again 'til Platinum came out in 2009... and even then it was short-lived.

Pokemon really is the ultimate trivial franchise. When I love it, I absolutely LOVE it. But when I don't play it for long periods of time it's just "eh." Right now I'm kinda in that phase. Let's hope Y changes that for me.

User Info: DeZAde

DeZAde
3 years ago#24
beat the elite 4, then delete file and start again.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What were your Pokemon gaming habits 5, 10, and 15 years ago?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived